Out of State Disneyland Trip Planning Thread

I can't find the original thread I was looking at to answer this question - Did I read somewhere that private shuttles pick up in a different (better) location at the Orange County airport than Uber/Lyft/Taxis?

I've been looking at transportation costs now to get an estimate for our trip. One major thing I noticed is that with Uber and Lyft this week, only small cars fitting up to 3 people seem to be reliably available. We're a family of four with big luggage so it makes me nervous thinking we might have to wait awhile for transportation if we went this route. I know the shuttles are more expensive but it gives me piece of mind that we'd have that reserved.

I can't find the original thread I was looking at to answer this question - Did I read somewhere that private shuttles pick up in a different (better) location at the Orange County airport than Uber/Lyft/Taxis?

I've been looking at transportation costs now to get an estimate for our trip. One major thing I noticed is that with Uber and Lyft this week, only small cars fitting up to 3 people seem to be reliably available. We're a family of four with big luggage so it makes me nervous thinking we might have to wait awhile for transportation if we went this route. I know the shuttles are more expensive but it gives me piece of mind that we'd have that reserved.
Lansky has the driver meet you at baggage claim and then they take you to the car that's parked in the short-term parking lot.

Clarifying: This is for LAX but likely also true for Orange County based on other people's experiences.

Last edited:

Uber/Lyft pick up on the upstairs (departure) level, across the traffic lanes, in one of the short term parking lots.

Why don't you reserve an Uber XL the day before for a specific time?

Taxis are lined up right outside the Terminal. You don't have to wait at all, and they have different size cars including mini vans. So very easy and always available.

Taxis are lined up right outside the Terminal. You don't have to wait at all, and they have different size cars including mini vans. So very easy and always available.
This is no longer true. Taxis only pickup in LAXit-a separate parking lot you need to walk to

Honestly for your family size and the cost of an Uber XL from LAX to Dis right now, I would do Lanksy. It's basically gonna be a wash cost wise.

"Orange County Airport" is SNA. Taxis are right out the door.

I am not sure how true this is now. At least, they aren't just lined up at the downstairs baggage claim level. I just picked up my MIL there and we had to drive around the loop numerous times while she waited for her baggage and I never saw any Taxis. Maybe they are lined up upstairs on the arrival level?

Just wanted to tell you that I have tried the chat but it says it may take up to 24 hours for them to get back with you. Ugh
Update; After like 4 hours I finally heard back. I think I got everything taken care of.

Awesome! Yeah, they take awhile to get back to you on the chat, but at least your app notifies you when they do! Way better than sitting on hold for hours.

Awesome! Yeah, they take awhile to get back to you on the chat, but at least your app notifies you when they do! Way better than sitting on hold for hours.
yeah that is for sure! Still have some stuff to figure out but at least I got that figured out. Now if I can just figure out how to link my reservations to the my Disneyland app. It is being stubborn. Par for the course I guess. Went to Disney World in April and it wasn't this difficult to do everything.

yeah that is for sure! Still have some stuff to figure out but at least I got that figured out. Now if I can just figure out how to link my reservations to the my Disneyland app. It is being stubborn. Par for the course I guess. Went to Disney World in April and it wasn't this difficult to do everything.

What reservations? The only thing that will show up on the app are dining reservations. You can't link hotel reservations to the app and your park reservations will only show you the next upcoming one, but not all of them.

What reservations? The only thing that will show up on the app are dining reservations. You can't link hotel reservations to the app and your park reservations will only show you the next upcoming one, but not all of them.
Oh well that explains it lol. I just assumed since you could link the hotel reservations for on the WDW app that you could do it on the DL app too. You can also have the park reservations linked on there too. So funny how the 2 apps work so differently. Seems like the app isn't as useful as it is in WDW. So I had heard that you can do early check in which I thought would be done on the app but now I'm not sure if I misheard and that isn't possible or how it will be done then.

Oh well that explains it lol. I just assumed since you could link the hotel reservations for on the WDW app that you could do it on the DL app too. You can also have the park reservations linked on there too. So funny how the 2 apps work so differently. Seems like the app isn't as useful as it is in WDW. So I had heard that you can do early check in which I thought would be done on the app but now I'm not sure if I misheard and that isn't possible or how it will be done then.

So, you can do online checkin a few days early, but you still have to physically check in. It just speeds up the process. Disneyland resorts still use physical key cards for room entry, so you need to go to the desk to check in in person regardless.

So, you can do online checkin a few days early, but you still have to physically check in. It just speeds up the process. Disneyland resorts still use physical key cards for room entry, so you need to go to the desk to check in in person regardless.
Sorry for being a little dense here but how do you do online check in if your reservation doesn't come up on the app?

I am not sure how true this is now. At least, they aren't just lined up at the downstairs baggage claim level. I just picked up my MIL there and we had to drive around the loop numerous times while she waited for her baggage and I never saw any Taxis. Maybe they are lined up upstairs on the arrival level?
We were there July 8 - 15. The taxis are across the pick-up lanes from baggage claim. Just exit at baggage claim, cross the pickup lanes and they are right there. When we were there, there were many lined up. They directed us to the taxi, I asked about the flat rate, they quoted $45 (or $47, not sure, sister paid), we loaded up and were on our way...super easy!

Anyone used a TA in the past or planning to? I read a random comment online that some TAs (I won't mention the competitors name here) are booking through the end of 2022 and the hotel we're considering is on their site. But that hotel directly only books up to 50 weeks in advance. I'm really curious how TAs are able to book further out than what the hotel offer to the public. Are they really that special? lol

I have a message out to a TA at that company but I'm curious if anyone here knows the deal.

Joining this thread after almost a year-and-a-half absence from the board. We've delayed (and delayed and delayed) our trip again until June 2022, but gosh darn it this time we are GOING! And seeing as how I have to start allllllll over in the planning, I'm starting early :)

Hi @TikiTikiFan

Joining this thread after almost a year-and-a-half absence from the board. We've delayed (and delayed and delayed) our trip again until June 2022, but gosh darn it this time we are GOING! And seeing as how I have to start allllllll over in the planning, I'm starting early :) ...
Welcome back! You've been missed around here. Glad to see that you are planning your very long awaited DLR trip! Hope that you and your family are doing well. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter