Overheard - expired FP

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurenT

DIS Veteran
So, we had TT FP for 9:30 - 10:30. The ride went down until 11:30. We entered and the couple behind us asked the CM if he had any expired FPs they could have as souvenirs. So he punched a hole in two of them and gave them to the couple. The couple was disappointed, they thought they were going to get FPs they could use since the ride has been down.
On another note, on line right now for Soarin - the man in front of me just recommended that I go to town hall (he must have been in MK at some point) and get a special card that they gave him to get on the rides. Says you can use it for up to 10 people. Pulled a GAC out of his pocket to show me! I said "oh - yeah, that's supposed to be for people with special needs, thanks though" enough for everyone around me to hear.

trap.jpg

So, we had TT FP for 9:30 - 10:30. The ride went down until 11:30. We entered and the couple behind us asked the CM if he had any expired FPs they could have as souvenirs. So he punched a hole in two of them and gave them to the couple. The couple was disappointed, they thought they were going to get FPs they could use since the ride has been down.
On another note, on line right now for Soarin - the man in front of me just recommended that I go to town hall (he must have been in MK at some point) and get a special card that they gave him to get on the rides. Says you can use it for up to 10 people. Pulled a GAC out of his pocket to show me! I said "oh - yeah, that's supposed to be for people with special needs, thanks though" enough for everyone around me to hear.

that makes me mad even after that whole scam thing w/ disabilities earlier this summer :(

The extreme entitilism (I realize that isn't a word-yet!) of some is becoming a special need. Maybe in the future they can have their own amusement park.

However, even though I am highly suspicious, I will give this GAC holder the benefit of the doubt, sometimes special needs are not that visible.

The extreme entitilism (I realize that isn't a word-yet!) of some is becoming a special need. Maybe in the future they can have their own amusement park.

However, even though I am highly suspicious, I will give this GAC holder the benefit of the doubt, sometimes special needs are not that visible.

That he recommended to another (who I assume has no visible signs of needing a GAC) to get a GAC pretty much throws his cred in the shredder.

That he recommended to another (who I assume has no visible signs of needing a GAC) to get a GAC pretty much throws his cred in the shredder.

Yeah I think there's no question about it in my mind!

Fascinating!

I saw Pacific Rim over the weekend and the couple on line in front us brought candy in they had purchased outside the movie theater.

I also had a guy in front of me make a right on red at an intersection where is was labeled "no right on red". That was on Sunday.

Oh, and I saw someone eat a grape at in the produce section at Stop and Shop last week.

So wait . . . he was claiming the GAC card would let him skip the lines . . . and he made this claim . . . while he was in line? :rotfl2:

More evidence that, as everyone with experience will tell you, a GAC card is not a front-of-the-line pass.

Fascinating!

I saw Pacific Rim over the weekend and the couple on line in front us brought candy in they had purchased outside the movie theater.

I also had a guy in front of me make a right on red at an intersection where is was labeled "no right on red". That was on Sunday.

Oh, and I saw someone eat a grape at in the produce section at Stop and Shop last week.

:lmao::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

The horror!

Fascinating!

Fascinating!

Lots of folks suffer stop sign-blindness while driving. Also red light blindness. Maybe its the red. Also people in the crosswalk.

Then again, plenty of cyclists think rules-of-the-road only apply to vehicles with four wheels -they also ignore stop signs at night while wearing dark clothes.

There's also those drivers who are left lane disabled. They can only drive in the left two highway lanes, no matter how slow they are or how many cars want to pass. Unless of course the lane to their right is open, suddenly they display an amazing desperation to speed up temporarily. Often 20ph or more! The right lane just doesn't work for them.

So wait . . . he was claiming the GAC card would let him skip the lines . . . and he made this claim . . . while he was in line? :rotfl2:

More evidence that, as everyone with experience will tell you, a GAC card is not a front-of-the-line pass.

Yeah. We were in the FP line for Soarin. And I do not have, or look like I have a special need. That's why I was somewhat taken aback by his comment to me.

From my experience, the GAC has usually given FP access to most attractions. Soarin was one I'm pretty sure fell into that category.

So, while it may not bring you directly up to the ride itself, it can be used to diminish wait times.

Hey that couple with the souvenir scam was pretty clever. Didn't work but I like having fastpasses as souvenirs, so I'd have been happy. Soon will be a relic of the past.

Reading the post about people sneaking candy into movie theaters got me thinking. I can't imagine any of us haven't taken something into a movie theater and I doubt any of us has felt bad for doing it. But if someone were to break a similar Disney rule, people would get all hot and bothered by it. Food for thought.

Hey that couple with the souvenir scam was pretty clever. Didn't work but I like having fastpasses as souvenirs, so I'd have been happy. Soon will be a relic of the past.

Reading the post about people sneaking candy into movie theaters got me thinking. I can't imagine any of us haven't taken something into a movie theater and I doubt any of us has felt bad for doing it. But if someone were to break a similar Disney rule, people would get all hot and bothered by it. Food for thought.

I will buy their popcorn and over-priced soda.

I will not, however, pay $5.99 for a tiny box of sweet tarts, thank you. If I happen to forget that I have a $1 box that holds double that capacy in my pocket when I see a movie, so be it.

You mean like bringing a resort mug from a previous trip?

:scared1::upsidedow

RFID cups are coming so that will be the end of that...

Going back on topic, I would more than glad to hand certified copies from my son's doctors about his condition (Autism) and of his IEP to the CM. We always bring them and present them but they are just not accepted.

RFID cups are coming so that will be the end of that...

Going back on topic, I would more than glad to hand certified copies from my son's doctors about his condition (Autism) and of his IEP to the CM. We always bring them and present them but they are just not accepted.

They cannot legally ask for documentation for special needs.

We generally don't get candy at the theaters when we go, but, yes, even when one of us wants candy, we get it at the theater. I'm a rule follower. So, yes, Senator Tressel, the one time I did it, I felt very guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter