OYO time in Sydney

mathgeek

DIS Veteran
I've looked through the previous thread that I started asking for tips on the Discovery Down Under trip and very much appreciate the responses. But I have one question that's still nagging me - what to do during the on your own time Sydney? There were a lot of great suggestions: Bridge climb, Zoo, Aquarium, Tower, Australia National Maritime Museum, Wildlife Center, Harbour Tour at night, Luna Park, Manly Beach, whatever is playing at the Opera House, tour to the Blue Mountains, Chinese Gardens. But I'm not really sure any of these interest me. Does anyone else have any ideas? I know I want to see the bridge and Opera House at night. I also want to see Hyde Park, if for no other reason than I saw the one in London last summer. I may end up doing the tower just to see a great view of the city. And there's no way I'm doing the bridge climb as much as I really want to do it - not sure I can overcome my fear of heights to do both zip lining and that on the same trip. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I know this trip is coming up soon! Just got my box yesterday!

(Side note, this is post 1000 for me. :goodvibes)

Get to the Quayside between the railway station & The Opera House

Take in the view ....... Then walk up to The Opera House ( And walk inside & out onto the roof )

Take Photos of the Bridge & enjoy.

Walk back to Quayside and take Boat trip to Manly Beach (as suggested ) { going RIGHT } But also Take a BUS around the area (Ask at Boat dock )

Back to Sydney ....... Take another Boat Trip ( Going LEFT ) .. that goes Under The Bridge & onto The Olympic Stadium & further on .

No idea where you are staying ........ But there is an OverHead Mono Rail system that does " A Loop System " short trip , around the City

stopping at main sights ..... Pitt Street stop is where I started from .

I drove from Brisbane to Sydney via the coast & Back to Brisbane via The Blue Mountains & The Wine Valleys,

If you are a history buff, then I'd recommend a visit to the Hyde Park Barracks museum. It does a great job at showing the history of Sydney. You can buy a pass to visit it and several other Sydney museums as well. The City of Sydney museum is pretty good, and there was also a crime museum nearby that unfortunately wasn't open when I was there. The ANZAC memorial in Hyde Park is also pretty cool, and it's free.

I enjoyed the views from the Tower, but didn't pay to do the skywalk. The Westfield mall below the tower has a pretty good food court.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter