• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Package vs. room only + tickets?

DisneyMom5

DIS Veteran
Not including dining, which is another issue free or not, what really is the difference between a seven day package w/ basic tickets, and a seven day room only + seven day tickets?
For some reason the package always seems to come up more expensive when I figure it. What am I missing? What's the benefit of a package?
We don't have an AP or AAA (but I am open to it if necessary.)

Was really hoping Pop would go down to $55 a night in December.

That is because a lot of the packages include dining. So if you want dining that is what is in the package. It costs 35 a day per adult and 10 a day per child. I don't remember if there is a junior rate or what age the kids get charged adult prices.

So basically that is the difference, you are pre-paying your meals. Also make sure you aren't paying for the travel insurance when you get a quote, that could be the reason it is a bit more expensive. But that is it in a nutshell, the package is room, tickets and dining.

It doesn't look like POP will go down to 55/night. It looks as if it will be 59. Not that much different but the last round of codes has POP that price during the value season so I assume the prices will be the same during the value season in December. The only way you will get that 59 a night is with an AP discount so far. No general codes have been out for a while.

Here is my example:

I priced room only Pop Century, Dec. 10-16, 2 separate rooms, 2 adults total, 6 children = 1 @10 +, 3 @ under 10, 2 @ under 3.
Cost = $1030.32, including tax (there is no vac. insurance on room only)

Add 5 day MMW tickets, including parkhopper = $1215

Total = $2245.32

Priced MMW Package, same people, NO dining, 6 nights Pop, 5 day MMW w/ parkhopper (subtotal $1215), does not say whether tax is included, states does not include vac. insurance.
= $2340.36

Why does it cost $95 more?

The 1215 does not include tax. So I did some math and your hotel stay is correct. 1030.26 for your room. Tickets are 1215 + 6.5% sales tax of $78.98 so with that your total should be 2324.24. So that comes out to be $16 less which could be the way they tax packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter