Packed & Moved..Disboutiquers Part 6 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I would like to make a pair of bloomers or a diaper cover or whatever you want to call it for Hannah who is a 2T pretty averaged size toddler with the chubby legs. I was figuring just make a pair of short shorts and put elastic in the legs???? But, I was wondering what width and how long of a piece of elastic to put in the leg...anyone out there have a guestimate? or a 2T/3T toddler to measure their leg?????:lmao:

Thanks, Wendy

I am making a pirate shirt for my niece to wear on the pirate cruise at WDW. I'm using the criss cross pattern from YCMT. I used photoshop to play around with fabric choices. This is what I had decided on, and I even bought the fabric already.

NewPirateTop.jpg

Well, DH saw the pic and said the yellow doesn't go with it at all. To me it goes because it's the color of Minnie's shoes.

I could make it like this instead...

NewPirateTop2.jpg

Edited to add a third option...

NewPirateTop3.jpg

What do you experts think?

I LOVE option #3, but they're all cute.

Hi Everyone,

I would like to make a pair of bloomers or a diaper cover or whatever you want to call it for Hannah who is a 2T pretty averaged size toddler with the chubby legs. I was figuring just make a pair of short shorts and put elastic in the legs???? But, I was wondering what width and how long of a piece of elastic to put in the leg...anyone out there have a guestimate? or a 2T/3T toddler to measure their leg?????:lmao:

Thanks, Wendy

I would measure my little one, but he is scrawny and not even into a 2T yet. I think that your idea should work out great.

I would measure my little one, but he is scrawny and not even into a 2T yet. I think that your idea should work out great.

Thanks for thinking of me - i appreciate that!!!

Oh, I vote for the 3rd option for the pirate minnie top too!!!!

Well, ladies and gents, on with the show.

Kris, I don't think the skirt on the stripwork jumper is too "twirly" though you know most of us don't know any such thing as TOO TWIRLY.

BUT most of her skirts are double full. I generally make mine 3x full for maximum twirl potential. Lily likes a nice big twirl. I think 2x full is probably JUST full enough. Also, it is really easy to figure out how long to make it. Just look at the little baby doll legs above each leg is the average age for this length of leg. go downthe leg until you reach where you'd like the skirt to hit then follow that line to the lefthand margin and you will find the lenth to make the strips.

I missed that bit the first time I made it so I did the math myself and figured out how long to make it..though I didn't do a very good job and it turned out a dress instead of a cute little twirl top.

Here is a stripwork jumper in the designated fullness, even though there are lots of pics on YCMT, I'll use Lily's as an example to apease the masses

th_l_f4203173e317e49d3cf4251653eae8d7.jpg

Here is one I made for her 3x full

th_l_ae65a04b412cc8d2939e35cce0ffdbc1.jpg

th_l_f85acdbb67235e9448cf75d5cb76a2fe.jpg

Also she gives the width for the strips according to S,M,L and I never have found a place on that pattern that specifies what sizes S,M,L are. But in her easy fit pant pattern it shows them being S:1-3, M:4-6 and L:7-8

i'm not positive that they are the same for the stripwork top, but it's what I used for the last one I made.

I'm sure some of you see that it is 5ish in the AM and think that is a perfectly normal time to be up. I assure you that this is NOT the case here. I am pretty sure I have come down w/ strep throat. Since I get it like a million times a year, I'm pretty sure. I stayed at my MIL's since I was here late while DH had a show I couldn't go to (Lily w/ the pink eye and me w/ my strep...I'm sure my inlaws were THRILLED) Any way I was sleeping on the couch. I woke up shivering like I was out inthe snow and added a blanket, it wasn't enough, I added another blanket which was still not enough so I bundled up as tight as I could and made it back to sleep (the percocet I'd taken earlier helped out here) FW to 5 am I wake up sweating to death!!! Now I'm hot and I don't feel well and can't sleep.
My L eye is also itching like fire, but I have a cat sitting next to me,so I'm going to try not to start freakin' out that it's pink eye, for now I blame the cat.
I keep hoping my MIL will get up so I can do some work,since I am up. I hope I can make it to the wedding I have today. Even if I just go for a bit. Lily is really looking forward to going to the ball and I told her that we could go get our fingers and toes painted,since my feet look awful and I bought the cutest patent leather t-strap heels @ ninewest.

Okay. I'm going to try to stop rubbing my eye now and send a few much needed e-mails.;) AND try to go back to sleep!!!!

Have a great Saturday guys!!!
...t.

Ooh, yucky, I hate strep throat! I had never had it till last year and got it twice, and once with pink eye, actually on Mother's Day to be exact. It was a great day for me! Hope you get better soon, and make the doctor give you some "good" meds, not that magic mouthwash junk that they tried to give me. Thanks anyway, I'll take vicodin!

Someone needs to tell me
PUT DOWN THE DEBIT CARD AND GET OUT OF THE STORES!!!!!

This week, I decided I couldn't handle my PC anymore. I bought an imac and then had to buy photoshop elements for mac, then I discovered that my embroidery software doesn't work on mac. I will probably have to do something abut that later.

I got my serger out this weekend to work on some stuff. I fell in love- WOW! I don't think that I can live without it. guess what? It broke!!! It was my grandmothers and will probably cost more to fix than replace, so another trip to wal-mart. I got another serger. It is already up and running. But for now, NO MORE SPENDING FOR ME!!!

On a good note, Miss Cammie, I think that I am getting better with the eyebrow arch. I saw some unsupervised kids at wal-mart today spinning the bag-holder-thingy (very technical term) and making a mess. I gave one of them an eyebrow arch and he stopped! the other one didn't see me and kept going. So as I am checking out, I turn to him and smack him with an arch- he stopped too. Now, if it would just work on my own kids.

Now that is some spending with style! Keep practicing with the eyebrow arch, your kids will get it!

Made it over to the new thread!

Had Claire's (now DD3) birthday party today. I actually got the girls outfits made! YEAH! Finished them up last night about 9:00. They looked cute! I'll have to get the pictures uploaded so I can show off my babies!

I know a couple of you have used the YCMT criss-cross dress/top pattern. I just bought it, how hard is the back part? I am planning on making dresses for the fourth of July with it. Any helpful tips would be appreciated! TIA!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks, Wendy

Ella just turned 3 and usually wears a 3T, sometimes 4T - her thigh is 11.5 inches around. So maybe for a 2T - make it 10.5 - 11 inches?

:rotfl: That is classic! We have a "billy bob binky" in our family:

BuckTeeth.jpg

C-SillyBinky0507.jpg

Someone needs to tell me

AMEN SISTER! My debit card was SMOKING by the time I got home today! :rotfl2: Enjoy your new serger!

I messed up on my multi-quote, so I want to add that the Lily pics w/the stripwork jumper are too cute, and I love the fuzzy new bunny! :love:

I will actually have photos of SOMETHING I SEWED very soon. :banana: :banana: :banana: I finished two pairs of CarlaC's easy fit pants (and how AWESOME are her patterns??? :worship:) and might even get to a third tonight. I. Am. On. FIRE. :furious: <~~~ (but in a good way)

My neice wears a size 7, but the measurement around her chest is 24 inches which puts her at a size 5 in that pattern. Does that sound right?

I wish I had seen the Simply Sweet tag on the photobucket account before I bought the stripwork pattern. It looks like there are so many options.
I always go with the measurements when making Carla's patterns, they turn out great that way! My daughter can usually wear a 6, but in Carla's she's a 4, since I can make it any length I want, the outfits fit so much better than store bought!

And, noone said you can't have BOTH of those patterns! :thumbsup2
Did I make it on to page 2?!

Wow, part six...:cool1:
Thanks TJ and HeatherSuefor always taking care of things and keeping the thread maintained and up to date on all sorts of extras.

Long live the Tiara Posse!!!

No problem!

Tiara Posse lives!

Shoot, I should have worn my tiara to the graduation party today! Heather was taking pictures, and I was giving her some suggestiong sor her "trip report". I hope she does it, it would be cute!

Here they are together. She adores the little rabbit. She named him Carrots. He is so soft.
IMG_6399.jpg
Aww, how cute!!!! She looks so happy!!!
Your daughter's hair looks so cute!!! When did she get it cut?
I am making a pirate shirt for my niece to wear on the pirate cruise at WDW. I'm using the criss cross pattern from YCMT. I used photoshop to play around with fabric choices. This is what I had decided on, and I even bought the fabric already.

NewPirateTop.jpg
I'm a REBEL just ask Sawyer :rotfl2:, (that will eventually be explained in my TR!) and I like the first one best! :thumbsup2
:banana: :banana: :banana:

I made it! I made it! I made it!! And without a moving buddy! Very sad!:( Next time I will try to find someone to pack my stuff for the move then maybe I'll make it by page 2!:confused3
Nancy needs a moving buddy, so next time, you two pair up! :thumbsup2

Does anyone have any experience adjusting the YCMT patterns for a size 12/14? How easily can they be adjusted. I'm not very good without a pattern.
Heather has made the peasant top into a size 10, and I think Cathy made the Simply Sweet dress into a 12 for her oldest daughter.

It looks like it's pretty much unanimous that option 3 is the way to go. Thanks ladies!!! Of course nobody liked the cheaper option which was to use some yellow fabric that only costs $2 a yard! :rotfl2:

I like one!!:yay: :yay: :yay:

I LOVE your photoshop preview idea. I'm not good enough with photoshop to do that. I want to do a Mickey/Minnie top for my DD using the a-line pattern and I want to piece say a red dot, black dot, yellow, and black/white fabrics. Not sure if I'll do horizontal stripes or quarters. I'm leaning toward quarters but with a high waist and maybe applique a Mickey head in opposite quarters where the quarters meet. It's in my head but if I could do photoshop I could do a preview.

It is really neat, isn't it! We use to have a lady that did that on here, way back when, Travelingal (Robin) but she hasn't been around in a long time. I'm glad we have someone else doing it now!!!! :yay:

Here's what I'm thinking of-using Carla's A-line and doing something like the one in purple & pink. I would use 4 fabrics instead of 2-I'm thinking red/white dots, black/white dots, black/white (I bought a small floral), yellow with small tonal floral. I would do the back with opposite fabrics (bottom left on front would become top right on back) so those would show in the straps in the front. Then I could do a Mickey head like the flower in the 4 fabrics OR I was thinking of maybe using a white fabric with red dots for the Mickey head. Or maybe I'll use the white/red dots instead of black/white but then maybe I wouldn't like the yellow if it wasn't dots and here's where my mind starts running around in circles.....

6478.jpg
I think that is going to be ADORABLE
Well Theresa, I did stay in bed all day but noone had to make me. I didn't really have a choice. I did have to get up around 2 to take the kids to get shoes. Lily picked out pink converse to wear with her party dress I was so proud! My parents took the kids to the wedding so they wouldn't. Miss it. I gotta go back to bed. ...t.

Sorry you missed the wedding Tifani. :hug: I was hoping someone would take Lily for you! I know how excited she was! I hope you are getting lots of rest! :hug:

:laughing:

That is so nice of you! I just ordered more fabrics on line last night so I need to hold off doing anything til those arrive. (that ordering online could get dangerous!!!)

Here's what I'm thinking of-using Carla's A-line and doing something like the one in purple & pink. I would use 4 fabrics instead of 2-I'm thinking red/white dots, black/white dots, black/white (I bought a small floral), yellow with small tonal floral. I would do the back with opposite fabrics (bottom left on front would become top right on back) so those would show in the straps in the front. Then I could do a Mickey head like the flower in the 4 fabrics OR I was thinking of maybe using a white fabric with red dots for the Mickey head. Or maybe I'll use the white/red dots instead of black/white but then maybe I wouldn't like the yellow if it wasn't dots and here's where my mind starts running around in circles.....

6478.jpg

I also think the vertical stripe a-line here is cute and I loved the horizontal striped a-line that snubie did for her BIG GIVE Donald outfit.
6360.jpg

I almost made the Donald Duck out fit piecing together four quarters. I was going to do solid blue on the back with 2 yellow squares, 1 white square and 1 blue square on the front. Not sure why I decided to do horizontal stripes instead but I think I will probably try a quarter a-line soon for DD.

Seems there are a lot of little ones turning 3 around here. Lauren's birthday is this week but her family party is tomorrow. We are having a joint birthday party with one of her friend's on Friday since they were born 3 days apart and have all the same little friends already.

th_NewPirateTop3.jpg

What do you experts think?

I like the third option.

Someone needs to tell me

This week, I decided I couldn't handle my PC anymore. I bought an imac and then had to buy photoshop elements for mac, then I discovered that my embroidery software doesn't work on mac. I will probably have to do something abut that later.

You are gonna love the imac!!! I love mine..I have had mine for almost a year, and I have never thought that I would become a mac person! Did they give you the back to school promo - a free ipod nano or ipod touch? It is supposedly a back to school special promo but one of my friend who is not a student or teacher/professor went and bought the imac and they gave her the promo anyways.

I know a couple of you have used the YCMT criss-cross dress/top pattern. I just bought it, how hard is the back part? I am planning on making dresses for the fourth of July with it. Any helpful tips would be appreciated! TIA!

The first time I did it, I obviously couldn't tell how far apart 1/2 an inch was because I didn't make the lines far enough apart to get the elastic through. I had to rip all of the seams apart. Now what I do is just put a piece of elastic on the top and sew along side it. That way I know it will fit. I just sewed four backs in the last hour and it was simple!

It is really neat, isn't it! We use to have a lady that did that on here, way back when, Travelingal (Robin) but she hasn't been around in a long time. I'm glad we have someone else doing it now!!!! :yay:

My debit card is smoking like the other ladies, so it tells me I can't get both!!! I want both though. I bet I'll end up getting it.

Robin is the one who taught me how to do the digital preview of an outfit. We hang out on TGM together. I'll have to tell her you mentioned her!

On a good note, Miss Cammie, I think that I am getting better with the eyebrow arch. I saw some unsupervised kids at wal-mart today spinning the bag-holder-thingy (very technical term) and making a mess. I gave one of them an eyebrow arch and he stopped! the other one didn't see me and kept going. So as I am checking out, I turn to him and smack him with an arch- he stopped too. Now, if it would just work on my own kids.
Yeah That eyebrow arch thing only works on other people's children. It never works on mine.

:offtopic:
Thursday Morning our cat caught a baby rabbit. It had only minor injuries but it was very young. We searched for the nest but we couldn't find it. We tried feeding it some kitten milk but it died on Thursday night. It's eyes weren't even open yet. Poor little thing. DD was devastated. So DH promised her a pet rabbit.

Thursday night Abby lost her other front tooth. She can be heard singing "All I want for Christmas is my two Front Teeth, My Two Front Teeth. . ."

After the garage sale we drove out to the country and bought DD the little bunny.

Here they are together. She adores the little rabbit. She named him Carrots. He is so soft.
IMG_6399.jpg

I just realized I didn't post my message with your picture. I had an old friend that always litter box trained her rabbits. She had been doing that since she was was a little girl. She also let them run around the house like she would a cat.

:rotfl2:

The eyebrow arch is the BEST weapon in my arsenal!! Teddy has been getting smacked around a bit with the eyebrow arch this weekend...stinkpot! The arch is POWER!!!:cool: <--emoticon eyebrow arch!!!::yes::

THIS IS FOR TERESAJOY (AND EVERYBODY!)--I UPDATED MY TRIP REPORT!!!!

:goodvibes

The first time I did it, I obviously couldn't tell how far apart 1/2 an inch was because I didn't make the lines far enough apart to get the elastic through. I had to rip all of the seams apart. Now what I do is just put a piece of elastic on the top and sew along side it. That way I know it will fit. I just sewed four backs in the last hour and it was simple!

That is why I love this board! I never would have thought of that, and it is an excellent idea! Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!

:rotfl: That is classic! We have a "billy bob binky" in our family:

BuckTeeth.jpg

C-SillyBinky0507.jpg

AMEN SISTER! My debit card was SMOKING by the time I got home today! :rotfl2: Enjoy your new serger!

I messed up on my multi-quote, so I want to add that the Lily pics w/the stripwork jumper are too cute, and I love the fuzzy new bunny! :love:

I will actually have photos of SOMETHING I SEWED very soon. :banana: :banana: :banana: I finished two pairs of CarlaC's easy fit pants (and how AWESOME are her patterns??? :worship:) and might even get to a third tonight. I. Am. On. FIRE. :furious: <~~~ (but in a good way)
:lmao: Love your Billy Bob photos!

Don't you love those easy fit pants!

I think that is going to be ADORABLE
I'm thinking I need the stripwork jumper pattern. Not that I couldn't figure it out using the simply sweet pattern but I'm sure I'd pick up a few hints with her pattern & instructions so I know it will be worth purchasing!

I didn't really tell the whole story on that outfit I want to make.....I want to make my DD(5) a storybook skirt with the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse book for Chef Mickey's. Actually my little tomboy asked me to make her a Car's skirt but she already has a cute Cars outfit so I asked if I could make her a Mickey one and she said OK. I was thinking I would use those 4 fabrics on her skirt between the pages and then make a patchwork ruffle on the bottom. I am going to use a page for the front and back bodice for a simply sweet top to go with the skirt. Not sure yet if I can do a ruffle or not on that-haven't compared the length of the panels to my DD's height yet.

I think my DD(9) is a bit too old for a storybook skirt so I thought I'd make her the block or striped A-line top with patcwork ruffle on the bottom and make some sort of shorts/capris to go with it.

Now I've got to make DS(7) something too. I was thinking maybe a red & black camp shirt with a store bought Mickey applique on the back. The kids are watching a Disney planning video from 1995 (and crying about all the stuff they never saw.....) and there was a parade at MK called Mickey Mania with walking Mickey "parts". Maybe I should applique Mickey parts on his shirt. I haven't appliqued anything in over 15 years. Here's probably the last thing I did:
DSC01858c.jpg

Acutally I found this....I made these in 2004. I made the needlepoint one for my DH in 1983. I had grand plans to make some for the kids but ended up making the felt ones as a "temporary" thing. I don't see me finishing the needlepoint ones ....ever....I think I got some of the toe done for Lizzy-she changed the spelling of her name in Kindergarten.
DSC01850c.jpg

4. If you live in the ATLANTA area, are there any MUST SEE fabric stores i nthe area? If so, could you please PM me? I'm here for a few days, and would love to check some out!

Where abouts in Atlanta are you at? The only thing I know of around here is JoAnn's & Hancock's. I am in the Sandy Springs area (not far from Roswell & Alpharetta).

Cute! I think I have a half finished needle point stocking somewhere from before the kids! I know I started one and never finished it.

I hope your little tomboy lets you make a mickey storybook skirt. I was the same way when I was a kid. I feel so sorry for my mom when I think about the Easter dresses she made for me (no lace! no ruffles! no frills!). She made me a dress every year (even though I didn't deserve it). :worried:

Where abouts in Atlanta are you at? The only thing I know of around here is JoAnn's & Hancock's. I am in the Sandy Springs area (not far from Roswell & Alpharetta).

I'm in Duluth (convention at the Gwinnett Center)
We were in Alpharetta yesterday (went to North Point Mall and the American Girl store)
I have a GPS, a credit card, and a will to buy fabric!

It was so windy here yesterday look what happened! I was actually outside when the limb started snapping and saw it fall good thing we were all the way across the yard!!
DSCF1213.jpg

This is the fabric for my next project- It's "david" inspired. I'm going to make a shirt and skirt.
DSCF1224.jpg

A Baby bird update: Only 2 left in the nest:worried: I hope the fledgings are ok!!
DSCF1211.jpg

And this is ds frog outfit:
DSCF1206.jpg

I didn't applique the shirt yet.
And here is dd:
DSCF1207.jpg
th_DSCF1210.jpg

Unfortunately they will not be wearing them tomorrow, we got a call today that dh's stepsisters grandpa is dying of cancer, and it would be soon so they postponed the grad party. Keep their family in your prayers please.

Now to go back and catch up :surfweb:

ETA: Sorry about the humungo picture I can't seem to get it smaller!! hmmmmm Well I guess I will thumbnail it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter