Paid it off this morning!!!!

Doctor P

<font color=navy><font color=navy>Chocolate covere
Well, we decided to pay off our DVC loan this morning. I bought a new car about two weeks ago. The deal I got on the car allowed me to buy it with my budgeted payment without putting any money down or taking too long a loan period. So we took the money I had set aside for the car down payment and put 40% of it into an account to save for a down payment on a replacement for DW's car (hopefully a few years out) and took the remaining $ and paid off our DVC loan. Not having the DVC payment will pay for more than 50% of the car payment, so I won't have to come up with that much! The 10.95% interest on our DVC loan was requring about $1.00 per day in interest so that will be a nice savings, too. Now we are in the category of the "maintenance fee only" vacation people for the next 40 years or so!

Feels really, really good, doesn't it? :D :D

Congratulations!

Great move Doctor P!!

With the current low interest rates, it'd make sense to get a private loan and pay off any 10.75% loans anyway. Paying it off in total makes it even that much better!

Getting a loan paid off is like getting a raise in salary...you see that extra money every month!

CONGRATULATIONS! :bounce:

Congratulations!!! It is a wonderful feeling! I look at it as "free" vacations for the next 41 years!!!!!! (I still cringe when the maintenace fee bill comes in after the holidays though!!!)

Good for you! Isn't it a great feeling? I remember when we paid off our DVC loan early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter