Palio

A

Alex

I don't know whether it has been mentioned lately but I just came back from the world and I swear Palio at the Swan has to be the biggest sleeper resteraunt on property. It was absolutly delicious. I had a Tortellini with Lobster that was unreal, TONS of lobster meat. I had a chocolate mousse cake for desert that was just to die for.
I am going to be back in 2 weeks and I already have reservations to go back, I highly reccomend this place.

We have enjoyed several meals at Palio's as well. It it such a beautiful place and seems to be less hectic than many restaurants at WDW.

We have always had very positive experiences there as well. When you combine it with the DVC discount (20%) its truly hard to beat!

Used the think that Bonfamilles was the great sleeper restaurant - really miss them!

Originally posted by Alex
I don't know whether it has been mentioned lately but I just came back from the world and I swear Palio at the Swan has to be the biggest sleeper resteraunt on property. It was absolutly delicious. I had a Tortellini with Lobster that was unreal, TONS of lobster meat. I had a chocolate mousse cake for desert that was just to die for.
I am going to be back in 2 weeks and I already have reservations to go back, I highly reccomend this place.
You are KILLING me - I too had the lobster tortellini and it was amazing!! :)

We will be trying Palios during our next visit. So happy to see positive comments!

I've been to Palio's twice, and liked it both times. I always feel a bit embarassed when the strolling musician asks me what music I'd like, though!

I agree, Palio's is one of the best 'sleeper's' at WDW. DH and I have made it a 'must do'!:D

Agree---Palio is a fine restaurant.
Mrs U always asks for a song or two by Sinatra. Usually they will ask--'Which one??"
Last dinner there they knew and played Isle of Capri!!

I loved Palio when I dined there in October for the first time. :)

I had always heard it described as a quiet, less crowded restaurant. Not on the Sunday night we were there! There were 2 big conferences going on, and there was about an hour wait for a table. The place was mobbed. Even with the crowds, the food was excellent and the wait staff was amazing. The only problem was that the host/hostesses were very frantic - I don't think they are used to seating the volume of walk-ins they had. When talking with our waiter at the end of the evening, he stated that on a typical night, the restaurant usually does 120 plates - this night they did nearly 500, and they were still going to be serving for an hour or so!

That said, next time I plan to dine there, I will make a PS. I probably won't need it, but you never know when you might run into an unexpected crowd!

This is one of "THE BEST KEPT SECRETS" of WDW. My wife and I were celebrating our 25th Anniversary at WDW and were headed to Alfredo's in Italy when a Torrential Rain started. We said what the heck and went to Palios. Well they treated us like royalty and really made our dinner special. Since then we have taken our 2 25ish aged daughters and boyfriend/husband and this will now be a stop every visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter