Palo dinner or Remy dessert?

lundve

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide between these activities as we currently have both booked.

The Palo dinner is on Pirate Night and Castaway Cay Day - I should mention that it is our 9th Disney Cruise - but it’s been awhile since we’ve done anything but a Palo brunch. This date is also our actual wedding anniversary.

The Remy Dessert is the next day - on our day at sea - and hubby and I have never been to Remy before, for any type of dining.

I should also note that we don’t drink so I’m not sure if that might factor into your thoughts.

Thanks...

Why "or"? I would do both if your budget allows. We don't drink either but still greatly enjoyed both of those. If you can only do one, skip both and reserve Remy for dinner. Seeing that you haven't been there before, maybe now is the time.

We did both in that exact order on our anniversary cruise. Although we drink I don’t think that matters at all in regards to either experience. There were a lot of people at Remy who just had water with their desserts. If I had to pick I would do dinner at Palo just bc it’s a more private romantic experience.

Having that much sugar at one sitting makes my teeth hurt just thinking about it. I prefer savory to dessert especially at those prices. I would prefer the brunch or dinner if you want to try Remy. Definitely take a look at the menu and see if it is something you would enjoy. We love it but some friends thought it was too upscale for them. They prefer the food at Palo. (dinner and brunch not the dessert option which we didn't try).

I hadn’t heard about a Remy dessert event. Are those just on 7+ night cruises? What is the experience like? How much is the upcharge?

We did the Remy dessert.

Wasn't thrilled. Too much dessert at one sitting, and I LIKE dessert.

Where we were sitting it was hard to hear the waiter explaining everything anyway.

I would do the Palo dinner for sure. $150 after tip for dessert seems nuts to me.

We did Palo brunch and Palo dinner on our last (first) cruise. I couldn’t even eat more than 2 of the desserts offered at the brunch, buffet not including the famous strawberry soup, and I have a sweet tooth. The dinner was incredible, best fish and steak I’ve ever had, and two amazing dessert soufflés to finish. I don’t think you can go wrong with Palo dinner.

We did the Remy dessert.

Wasn't thrilled. Too much dessert at one sitting, and I LIKE dessert.

Where we were sitting it was hard to hear the waiter explaining everything anyway.

I totally agree. I am a dessert fan it it was too much sugar at one sitting. If I ever do it again, I will only take a few bites of each course so that I don't feel yucky afterwards - and if I'm only going to take a few bites, it's not worth the money IMO.

I loved the dessert experience, but my husband wasn’t as large a fan. Dessert is my favorite part of any meal. I think the mixture of dessert flavors and textures made it so that it wasn’t too much at least for me. If you are a chocolate person only one course had chocolate and it was not my favorite. I did prefer the amaretto soufflé at Palos to any of the desserts at Remy, but I would do the experience again in the future.
The following pictures are what I felt were the best desserts, and I’m not usually a fruit person.

Attachments

• C1DE45F2-8EBF-4718-9551-BE6DB23FE2D2.jpeg
    C1DE45F2-8EBF-4718-9551-BE6DB23FE2D2.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 1E6BD6E9-DED4-4BD2-AFA4-486FC405A234.jpeg
    1E6BD6E9-DED4-4BD2-AFA4-486FC405A234.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 25
I would do Remy dinner or Palo brunch. Remy dinner is exquisite and the Palo brunch is delicious. I wouldn't go to Remy just for desserts.

Dessert is my least favourite part of dining but we loved the Remy dessert experience. My favourite was a tropical fruit ravioli in a coconut "soup". Not sweet at all. If you have done Palo before but not Remy, I'd do Remy for something different. Of course, I'd do both. One cruise we did Palo dinner, Palo brunch, Remy brunch, Remy dinner and Remy dessert experience. So I don't ever personally make a choice.

I vote for Palo dinner. Much more romantic than a pirate night MDR dinner. And Palo's dessert souffle is delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter