Panic..change resie????

goofygal1975

DIS Veteran
Ok, here it goes. I need some advice. Do I change my reservation? We sail May 2004. We have a cat 8 deck 7. Has a porthole. NOW we can not afford much more....BUT I really really want a verandha. What are the secret porthole rooms again? are they only on deck 5? What catagory are they price wise?

I wish I had paid more attention to these answers in the past. This may be the only cruise we can take for the next few years, if at all. So I'm hoping to get the most out of it. I'm just so affraid I may regret it if I don't SOMEHOW get a verandha!!

Thanks in advanced.

I think you may be a bit confused about the secret porthole rooms. They do not have a verandah, they have an obstructed view porthole window. They are classified as a category 10 (normally an inside deluxe room). You are already booked in a category 8 room, so you currently have a better room than the secret porthole room. If you want a verandah then you will want to upgrade to a category 6. There is a category 7, which is a navigator's verandah but you want to read up on that before you book, because, in my opinion, it's not really a verandah. So you will probably want a category 6.

Good luck!!!

Ditto the above reply.

Also if you are concerned over not having a verandah ruining your cruise, you should not. We've sailed three times. Once in Cat 5, once in 8, once in 11, and once in 12. Of all our sailings the verandah was the least Magical if you will. While the verandah is a nice perk, it does one only so much good on days at port when it is raining or if at seas and you are running from a hurricane!

Even in perfect weather open decks are not too far away.

If you give me the choice of just being on board or not at all - I take the coat closet every time!

Thanks for clearing that up! I thought (for some unkown reason) that secret porthole rooms had a partial veranda. Not sure how I got to that idea? So I have a better option where I am now. I don't have enough in the budget to get a veranda, so we shall stay where we are. Panic over. Thanks for the help!!!:) :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by goofygal1975
I thought (for some unkown reason) that secret porthole rooms had a partial veranda. Not sure how I got to that idea?

Maybe because there are some partially obstructed verandahs that were reclassified down to a category 7. Different rooms than the secret porthole rooms, but same idea.

I have sailed with and without a verandah/balcony. They are (to me) nice, but a small detail of the entire trip. I am sailing a "cheapie" 4 day cruise at the end of March in a room I have heard called a closet with a porthole (not Disney), but I know I will be thrilled just to be out there on the ocean on a ship! Deck 7 is a great location and I think you'll be very happy with your room choice.

Just a thought, about 60-90 days out from your sail date check Florida resident rates for your cruise. The balcony rooms may be as cheap then as the rate you are booked at now, or you could keep the great location you have and save some dollars for spending money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter