Parade of Dreams/Fantasmic

dizzyami

<font color=green>That makes me happy<br><font col
Ok - for some reason in our 4 trips to DL, we have never actually sat for a parade. My guess is DD(5) would love it, so I am thinking that since we will be going for an extra day this time, that it might be worthwhile to hit. We also have never got a "good" seat for Fantasmic (and we will have to do the dessert next trip when we are not staying concierge). So, my questions:

1. How long is POD???
2. Is there a place to sit where we would have good seats for both, without moving???
3. How early would we need to get good seats (Sunday, 10/15) (For either show, if we have to move???)

dizzyami said:
2. Is there a place to sit where we would have good seats for both, without moving???
3. How early would we need to get good seats (Sunday, 10/15) (For either show, if we have to move???)

No the POD does not go into frontierland - it goes up mainstreet - between the matterhorn and alice and up towards IASW (goes into the staging area to the right of IASW).

The parade is at 3:30 Pm (from IASW to mainstreet) 7 PM (from mainstreet to IASW) - Fantasmic is at at 9 PM on Friday and Sunday and at 9 PM and 10:30 PM on Saturday.

Since you'll be there on a Sunday - non-holiday weekend - the crowds won't be too bad. If you go the afternoon parade - it is a no brainer. If you go to the evening parade - you should still have time to get to Fantasmic.

Watch the crowd and see where you want to sit and see when others start getting seats - that's your best cue.

Thanks Minnietoo for the help - for some reason we have always hid during the parades and stayed as far away as possible!!

mystic_path said:
Im going to Fantasmic and the 7:00 POD at Disneyland. Is there a really good spot to sit at both? Where would you recommend as great spots?
For Fantasmic, the easy answer is the balcony or riverside ;)

If those are out of the question, and you're willing to stake out a spot, I like to sit in the sitting-only section in front of Tom Sawyer island. You know its sitting-only because its roped off. Or you could just ask a CM where these sections are.

I suppose the same strategy could be used for the parade, as there are sitting-only sections at the end of Main St. as it enters the hub.

The biggest problem is the people that try to squeeze in right in front of you 5 minutes before the show starts. One way to avoid this is to be in the last row of the seating only section. Its harder for people to squeeze in and stand in front of you when everyone is sitting, and being in the last row, the CMs usually don't care if you stand up when the show starts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter