Paradise Cove as a 2nd luau - yay or nay?

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
We're honeymooning in Hawaii, staying at Aulani after time in Maui. While on Maui, we'll be doing the Feast at Lele luau. I currently have plans to do the Paradise Cove luau on one of our Aulani evenings after a day relaxing by the pool. My thought in scheduling this was that I've read about a lack of evening entertainment in Aulani, and I already have Monkeypod and Ama Ama as dinner plans on other nights. We also like the fact that it's walking distance and can have a few drinks without worry.

With this info, and considering we'll be doing a luau on Maui, would you still visit Paradise Cove? Thanks!

With this info, and considering we'll be doing a luau on Maui, would you still visit Paradise Cove? Thanks!

Two luaus in a week would be too much for me, but perhaps not too much for you. Below is their cancellation policy, so my advice would be to book by phone and not by way of the internet, and after experiencing the luau in Maui, decide if you are up for a second one. If not, you can cancel up to two days in advance for a refund.

No refund on internet reservations. Online reservations are accepted 1 day prior to the event date. Please call reservations for same day availability: (808) 842-5911 .

Packages and pricing subject to change without prior notice or obligation. All events and times are weather permitting and are subject to change without notice. No refund for cancellations made within 24 hours of Lu’au if reservation made via phone. Non-attendance will result in being charged in full. No refund or credit for unredeemed, unwanted or unused package inclusions, amenities or activities, including Cove Cards. Flat shoes and light sweaters are recommended for safety and comfort. Menu is set, but may vary based on availability or seasonality of dishes. Guests 21 years of age and older must present a picture ID to order or consume alcohol.

Other than a luau a good evening activity is a sunset catamaran sail, just the cocktail cruise not a dinner cruise. They have ones in Ko Olina or if you have a car they are half the price in Waikiki. leahi.com is a good one.

It would be way too many for me. I went on one my first trip to Hawaii and have only done one other luau in the next 22 years (going to Hawaii every 2 to 3 years). I would definitely do the one on Maui - I have heard great things about it. Sunset cruise is great for the evening. We also just loved listening to the music at the Olelo room. The musicians are GREAT and drinks and apps are too. We also drove to Waikiki for dinner one night and watched the Friday night fireworks that go off near the Hilton.

Thanks all for the tips and advice! Definitely stuff to consider.

@JimmyV - thanks for those cancellation details. Never even occurred to me they would offer refunds at all!

Thanks again!

We're honeymooning in Hawaii, staying at Aulani after time in Maui. While on Maui, we'll be doing the Feast at Lele luau. I currently have plans to do the Paradise Cove luau on one of our Aulani evenings after a day relaxing by the pool. My thought in scheduling this was that I've read about a lack of evening entertainment in Aulani, and I already have Monkeypod and Ama Ama as dinner plans on other nights. We also like the fact that it's walking distance and can have a few drinks without worry.

For the costs and quality of the food, I think it would be too much for me (full disclosure, I am doing Paradise Cove on Valentines day because the DD wants to partake). For the same money, and still in walking distance, I would upgrade the quality of my food and go to Roy's http://www.royshawaii.com/roys-ko-olina.html

Remember you also get a "mini" luau at Aulani. The Starlit Hui. We did Paradise Cove last summer. Walked over after a day at the pools. We loved it and especially my daughter. There were so many things to do before hand. We are going back to Aulani this summer and I was trying to suggest us not going just to save a little money and she was crushed. If money isn't a concern then why not? It was alot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter