Park Arrival Time for a Calm Start

Michael Cox

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

We're travelling to WDW from the UK for the first time this year, with our two young daughters (four and seven). We're staying at the Polynesian. I'm aiming to try to make the trip feel quite calm and relaxed as they can both get a bit overwhelmed if we have to rush around. So my question is, when is a good time to arrive at the parks that will allow for a calm entry? I've seen that there are big crowds around rope drop and I'd like to avoid trying to get over to the parks very early in the morning, so what would you guys suggest? Is mid-morning a good idea?

Many thanks,

Michael

That is probably the best idea. Maybe two hours ater rope drop. Anything after lunch, you may run into guests trying to get in for park hopping and/or evening entertainment

Thanks so much for coming back to me. I'll aim for that as a start and hope that gets us in calmly!

Mx

Hi! I’ve been staying this busy marathon weekend (crowd level 10) at WDW.
We entered Epcot about 40min after opening (10:40AM) and it was very calm. No lines for security check, no lines for scanning the ticket either.

If you want to ride all the rides getting there early is the best. It is so fun in the morning!We love it! Or I would go around 2 or 3pm.

Just something to think of, yes the rope drop crowds in terms of getting in to the park are larger, that is also when the park itself is emptiest so it depends what you are prioritizing. Are you more worried about the line for security and entering or the lines for the rides/attractions (which will be longer the later in the day you get until close to closing)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter