Park closing early during spring break time???

Status
Not open for further replies.

acarsme123

DIS Veteran
I noticed on one of the days we will be at Universal for spring break, specifically on March 12th, Universal Florida is closing at 8pm that night, and Islands of Adventure is closing at 6pm! What is going on? That seems incredibly odd to close early during spring break! All the other nights that week are showing 9pm close. It doesn't really affect me much since we are leaving early that night to hit Animal Kingdom's After Hours event, but I was still curious. If I had planned to be in the park all day I'd be pretty upset about the early closings.

I noticed on one of the days we will be at Universal for spring break, specifically on March 12th, Universal Florida is closing at 8pm that night, and Islands of Adventure is closing at 6pm! What is going on? That seems incredibly odd to close early during spring break! All the other nights that week are showing 9pm close. It doesn't really affect me much since we are leaving early that night to hit Animal Kingdom's After Hours event, but I was still curious. If I had planned to be in the park all day I'd be pretty upset about the early closings.

When the parks close early like that - one early night in the middle of a bunch of later nights - it is usually due to the parks being booked for a private event.

I find those kind of practices to be absolute garbage. I mean, I don’t have a particular stake in the fight that night as we are going over to Disney that night anyways, but for the prices Universal charges, they shouldn’t be shorting the guests on time like that. Or they should be discounting tickets on nights they close early just so they can do someone’s private event.

I find those kind of practices to be absolute garbage. I mean, I don’t have a particular stake in the fight that night as we are going over to Disney that night anyways, but for the prices Universal charges, they shouldn’t be shorting the guests on time like that. Or they should be discounting tickets on nights they close early just so they can do someone’s private event.
When WDW closes early for either a private event, or a separate ticketed event (ex:MNSSHP), they do not discount tickets. So I guess WDW has garbage practices as well!

March is spring break for some but definitely not the peak.
I admit, I had similar feelings when we did Disneyland once with park hours of 9am-8pm. Paid just as much as when they are 8am-midnight. Felt a bit shortchanged. But, crowds were so low that we got through the park easily. So, in the end it wasn’t a big deal but it would be nice if prices were adjusted when hours are significantly reduced.

It’s one thing to do a separate ticketed event AFTER what would be normal park hours (After Hours for example), but to me it’s just wrong to shortchange the general public for those things in my opinion. But at least for a separate ticketed event you at least have the option to buy into it to extend your day. A corporation or individual renting out the park at night and screwing the general public, well that’s just downright infuriating.
I couldn’t find any special ticketed events for Universal that day so it must be a private event or some other reason why they’re closing.

It’s one thing to do a separate ticketed event AFTER what would be normal park hours, but to me it’s just wrong to shortchange the general public for those things in my opinion. But at least for a separate ticketed event you at least have the option to buy into it to extend your day. A corporation or individual renting out the park at night and screwing the general public, well that’s just downright infuriating.
I couldn’t find any special ticketed events for Universal that day so it must be a private event or some other reason why they’re closing.
I have never experienced that at Disney yet, but I would be upset by this at either place.
Just because you haven't experienced it, doesn't mean it does not happen...
IT DOES happen at WDW as well!!!

I'm struggling to understand why it's such a big deal for you, specifically at Uni. You claim that it doesn't even mess with your plans anyway.
If you're so upset with Universal, maybe spend your vacation dollars elsewhere...

Holy cow! What’s with you people? Why are you getting so defensive about my post? I asked a question out of my own curiosity, and expressed my opinion about the practice!

It’s not a big deal for me pal, chill out!
I'm struggling to understand why it's such a big deal for you, specifically at Uni. You claim that it doesn't even mess with your plans anyway.
If you're so upset with Universal, maybe spend your vacation dollars elsewhere...

I'd be pretty upset about the early closings.
I find those kind of practices to be absolute garbage.
it’s just wrong to shortchange the general public for those things in my opinion..... screwing the general public, well that’s just downright infuriating.
I have never experienced that at Disney yet, but I would be upset by this at either place.

Actually, I think you are the one that needs to "chill out"....
I simply pointed out that your tirade on Universal for their 'garbage practices', also exist at WDW.

Your statement here was incredibly unnecessary. We can discuss the wrongs and rights of the practice, but here you seem to be getting unnecessarily personal. Did you take offense cause I used the term “garbage practice”? Well I’m sorry, but it is, no matter which organization does it.

It’s common practice to have a company buy out one of the parks

and it’s known in advance on the UO website

If more advance ticket sales are done during a buy out night, UO has at times increased park hours of the other park

No need to discuss this anymore as it is not going to change UO’s block out dates

The hours listed are typical for assumed slower time periods

Heated threads go nowhere here at the Darkside

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter