Park Days

My guess is that if they did have a "length of stay" pass, split stays would count as separate stays and require the purchase of multiple LOS passes because...profits!
Could be. We've never done a split stay so not sure how it worked back in the day. I'm sure someone kicking around here may remember.

We go 3-4 times a year 3-5 park days each. usually 15+ parks days.

We only go to the parks for a few hours a day. None of us (myself, husband and 8 yr old girl) want to be in the parks all day. Without APs Disney trips would not work for us. We eat and buy merch while we are in the parks but really just want to do a few rides or shows a day.

We go once a year since flight tickets are expensive from where I live. Usually go for 14 to 17 nights and go to disney parks 6-7 days, 1-2 days water parks then 2-3 days other orlando parks.

Prior to the pandemic it was two times a year for a week each so always got the APs. Now having purchased a vacation home in Orlando 30 minutes from WDW not sure how that will affect visits but they will be shorter, maybe day trips with an occasional overnight at a DVC resort. So will get a Florida pixie pass going forward.

I’m new to DVC at the end of last year. We don’t have annual passes and never have.

We go to Disney yearly. I think I went to all 4 parks in one trip only one time. We usually go to two parks in three night stays.

With DVC I expect we will go two or three times a year and only go to one or two parks a trip due to cost. We will likely stay for three or four nights per stay.

We do have Cedar Fair annual passes with all season dining which is awesome.

We activated our first annual passes in September 2020, and renewed them for 2021. We have trips planned, so we’ll renew again for 2022-23 stays. For 2020, we went in September for 6 nights and 7 nights in Nov/Dec. In 2021, we went for 9 nights in April and also we renewed our Gold passes.

Our next trip was in January 2022 for 8 nights. The DIS Podcast Cruise was in May, so we bookended a 2 night stay before and 6 nights after. We also booked a cruise for October 1st and bookended 2 nights before and 5 nights after.

We have a family trip planned for May/June for 6 nights. We’ll likely add a couple of nights near Universal.

So, we did 13 days in 2020, 9 days in 2021 and have 23 days planned/taken in 2022. 2023 has 6 day planned and that will likely be it. 2023-24 will likely have an Aulani trip planned, so we’ll likely drop our APs then. On our May trip, we did blow off 2 park days, opting to stay at the resorts. I’m thinking our next stays will be the same, with us staying at the resort or going offsite on some days.

2+ weeks in summer, sometimes Thanksgiving, anywhere from 5-14 days at Christmas (depending on how my wife and my school breaks align), and maybe a long weekend in the spring.

Typically we do a week in Oct. and a week in Feb. Saturday to Sunday. We go into the parks Sunday - Friday, sometimes taking a resort day in the middle (Wednesday or Thursday).

Used to be where I would hit the parks on Saturday night (arrival day) for a few rides and dinner. However, as we now arrive later in the day, and the parks have gotten too busy, we now just eat in our room or the hotel.

Canadian DVC owner here. With the expense of flights, car rental etc (I do miss ME), I travel once a year. I tend to stay 10-12 days to make it worth my while. One year I went twice. No AP but when there were discounted tickets for Canadian residents I would get a ticket that covered all of my full days. This last trip I was there only 9 nights due to lack of availability, and I purchased a shockingly expensive 6 day park hopper :scared1:. Park hopping after 2 was not worth it for me. It interfered with the way I tour, as did park reservations. Although I booked a week in November this year just because it was available and I had banked points, I won't be going in 2022, my son will be taking over that week. I raised a Disney fan, he was going to Disneyland Paris but opted for the free room at WDW. Smart guy. Europe with my sister this year. Roll on 2023, I've never voluntarily missed a year at WDW since I became a DVC member.

I usually take two trips per year (occasionally three) and we had annual passes. Now that I can't get a new annual pass, I bought tickets for the first trip and the second week will be resort only. If they start selling annual passes again, I will buy them before my next trip. There is no way I will buy separate tickets for each trip.

So, all this talk about APs got me curious about people’s typical yearly visits snd days they do parks…ie: shorter Trips more often or longer ones less.

I will now be visiting 6 to 8 times a year usually no more than 3 night trips. So, for me, a ticket that allows 30 says admission over the year would work.

What are other people’s travel habits when using DVC?

ETA. Rarely do weekends.
We usually go 7-8 times a year for around 50 days total. That's likely to increase in a few years when my wife retires and we aren't hamstrung by her school schedule.

I'm gonna need more points. :rotfl2:

3-4 weeks per year (but have gone as much as 6 weeks lately due to preview invites and other special invitation only events) - usually May, Oct and first week of Dec plus another odd week during the summer…we’re out of state but close enough to drive (Carolinas) and DVC. I’m soooo glad we kept our APs during Covid. We usually don’t go into the parks arrival or depart days. If I had to choose an AP with limitations, an on-site stay only would work best since we always stay using our points.

While the kids are still little, we were going to do the DVC / Florida Resident AP's.

The plan was to go on one 6-8 night family trip all together. And then book a weekend getaway for my wife and myself with some of the leftover points.

Now we'll probably just extend the family trip by a day or two and get babysitters for a few evenings.

We used to go every year 7-10 nights. Over recent years it's been every other year for 7 nights

We used to go 2-5 times a year. Since we have to fly there, we usually go for 6-8 nights at a time. We hit the parks every day we are there. Sometimes it will be a long day, sometimes it's just for a few hours. We also like to park hop almost every day. One of the fun things we had started doing the last year before Covid was to plan the end of our trip so we were staying at an MK area resort. We would then plan to do an hour or two in MK the morning that we were scheduled to leave, just to get in one last adventure. With the AP, that was financially possible. If we had to pay for an extra day to do that, we would discontinue that adventure (and it would be sad, as we had come to really enjoy that!).

8-9 nights in July. Hit the parks each day except departure day. We would schedule the trips to get APs every other year.

We go once a year for 12-14 nights, in January/February. Previously, we'd do the second/third week of February, followed by the Fourth week of January and first week of February to get two visits out of one AP. We'd then skip the renewal and buy a new AP the following year. This worked until they shut down AP sales.

We go 2-3 times a year for a total of 25-30 days. without AP we will go once in March for 18-20 days and we will go to HH For a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter