Park Hopper Passes on Ebay

rccomputers

Mouseketeer
This seems like the best place to post this question.

Along with the buyer beware cavets that come with purchasing WDW passes on ebay, I see bids for park hopper passes that are going for more they the approx 50.00 per day that they are worth.

I know that the "plus" features that allow you to go to water parks etc are an extra value, but am I missing something?

I though it might be a good way to pick up some passes for 30 to 40 bucks per day and maybe a freebe plus or two, but unless someone tells me different, because of the possible problems I see with purchasing a "used" ticket from Ebay, I will stick to buying tickets at the resort when I get there.

Thanks in advance
RCComputers

I'm interested in an answer too. I check E-Bay out for everything and have seen tickets for WAY more than I can buy them in Disney. Are there additional perks for this extra money? Plus you have to pay S&H of $3.50 or more to ship them. Can anyone see any advantage to this? Because I sure can't!!

Hi, everybody! Just a reminder that all WDW admission media (tickets) are non-transferrable. The person that uses the pass on the first day must be the person that uses it on all days; it is clearly stated on the back of all WDW tickets. In some cases, selling hopper passes is a crime in FL, so be careful! Just a heads up to those of you looking to buy passes on e-Bay.

Also, Disney passes (by Florida Law) are not allowed to be sold for more than $1 over there printed face value.

The sellers should have gotten a message pertaining to this when they listed the tickets. But you know not everyone out there is going to do what they are supposed to.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't planning on buying them on E-Bay but was just curious. We get our passes at Shades of Green (my DH is retired Army) so I wouldn't even consider getting them anywhere else.

Do you get a discount from Shades of Green? Over and above the 10 to DC or DVC members?

Do you have to be active duty, retired or can you also be honorably discharged?

In addition, on ebay, I see the sellers listing the tickets with a maximum value so don't bid more kind of thing. I guess that is to skirt the law. Also to reach that maximum value, they must be adding the admissions to the "bonus" areas like the water parks and DQ. I can't figure out how they could come up with the max price they are showing.

I believe it's comprable to what you would get them for as DC and DVC members but there's no tax on the tickets or anything else you buy there. You can also get tickets for other parks and attractions i.e. IOA/US, dinner shows, etc. The thing with SOG is that occasionally they have a Military/DOD appreciation month (they never know which month it will be, according to SOG) and the discounts are great. One year we went in May and it happened to be appreciation month and the prices were so low that it was like get a free ticket for every 2 you bought.

According to the Armed Forces Recreation Center web site, these centers are available to "service members and other authorized users (such as active duty military, retirees, currently employed and retired Department of Defense civilians, reservists, delayed entry recruits, and family members)." I believe if you have a military ID, you can go to the SOG. We have to show ID to enter the grounds and/or to purchase anything. The web site is www.armymwr.com/shades/ for more information. My DH is actually in the "gray" area of retirement from the Army National Guards and he's entitled to all benefits from the AFRC.

The room rates are according to pay grade and a valid military ID or current LES is required at check in.

Thanks for the info. I am always on the lookout for deals on park passes. I usually get great prices on airfare, food and all accessories for the trip. It's always the passes that end up costing a bundle.

Glad I could be of service. You're absolutely right - park passes are the biggest expense and the more deals you can get, the more money you can spend on other things. Have fun.

Hi....I think one of the reasons people buy on EBAY is to get the hopper feature for less than 4 days.....last year I bought a one day pass on EBAY to Universal and IOA that was 1/2 of two day pass but let us in "early"....we did all the big coasters and major attractions before the rush at 10am.......it was great.....and many of the offers on EBAY are for one, two or three days left on a pass....It does involve some trust in the seller..my one experience went very well, but the cost was the same as a one day pass, but again I got the earlly in feature and at Disney you can go for two days and be able to "park hop".........just my thoughts.....Ted

It's a great reason, and from what my research has shown, lucky to get the price you did. I think that folks like us who travel to disney on a yearly basis because we are DVC owners, it doesn't pay to buy Ebay passes. We can buy a 7 day park hopper on year and use it over as many years as it takes to use it up.

My thoughts were if I could buy a 5-6-7 day pass for less then the cost of the number of remaining days on it, it might be worth the chance.

For someone there for a weekend, it does allow for better possibilities like being able to park hop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter