Park hopping, general questions, costumes n bounding

Navisongtalker

Lu aw Na'vi! Oeru sway fko Kawtu Sweylu Kxím.
Hi i am new here (long time lurker) and finally decided to post. Not sure if this is the right area, if not correct me (and sorry!).

Weird series of questions for ya'.
1. Let it be known that i am SUCH an Avatar nerd x3, so i am very excited about getting to Pandora for the first time! I was curious if theres a strange rule on "wearing your ears" from park to park. Ie, if i get na'vi ears and a tail (probably will, i am not joking about how big a na'vi nerd i am, my sleeve background is na'vi stripes lol) would it be in bad taste to keep wearing them from park to park? Would it be weird to see some Pandoran pride in Epcot, or Magic? X3

Costuming is out for adults i know, however do you know any other Bounders who have Bounded as a na'vi, or would i be a woman alone? ((I have another costume question concerning Not So Scary but tell me where to properly post it and ill redirect)).

And lastly. As you read i have tattoos. Loads. Sleeves. Everywhere (not face). And body mods (oral mod, discreet unless you really look into my mouth). Before you cast judgement on my life choices, my main concern is this. Is WDW ok with visible tats and body mods? I havent been to WDW since i was a wee one.

Again, sorry if this was the wrong place, kindly point me in the right direction. :3

You can wear your ears anywhere. Obviously you will see more at AK than elsewhere. I've never paid a lot of attention, but don't recall a lot of people bounding as Na'vi ... but no one cares.

There are no rules on people in the parks having visible tattoos. Now if they are of something totally offensive, they may ask you to cover them. As far as stares from other park goers ... no more that what you receive normally ...

:welcome:to posting, Navi!

if i get na'vi ears and a tail (probably will, i am not joking about how big a na'vi nerd i am, my sleeve background is na'vi stripes lol) would it be in bad taste to keep wearing them from park to park?
Yes; you can wear them everywhere to show off your Navi pride. 😊

Is WDW ok with visible tats and body mods?
Yes. Disney doesn’t have tat rules for guests, only for CMs.

You can definitely wear the ears from park to park. And no one at Disney World or Disneyland/DCA (Things can be different at Disney parks in other countries.) will care about your tattoos or modifications unless they are something very offensive. You're be fine. :)

I don't specifically know about any na'vi bounders, though, sorry. I'm sure there are some, though! :)

:welcome:to posting, Navi!

Yes; you can wear them everywhere to show off your Navi pride. 😊

Yes. Disney doesn’t have tat rules for guests, only for CMs.

Irayo ma tsmukan, si tsmuke! Thank you for the post welcome.

Yaaay! I dont have to feel ridiculously self conscience from park to park, bonus!

I know the CMs need to keep the Dis brand, but as a member of the tattooed and employed movement, Dis should loosen a bit on self-expression, but i totally get why they do that. Thanks for the answers! And kind welcome!

You can definitely wear the ears from park to park. And no one at Disney World or Disneyland/DCA (Things can be different at Disney parks in other countries.) will care about your tattoos or modifications unless they are something very offensive. You're be fine. :)

I don't specifically know about any na'vi bounders, though, sorry. I'm sure there are some, though! :)

Guess ill be one of a kind then, and thats ok!

None of my tattoos are offensive to me, i do have a a small star of david of my arm because im jewish, but its hardly noticeable compared to the rest of my work. As long as i can still wear short sleeves on my vacation, then great! :3

Guess ill be one of a kind then, and thats ok!

None of my tattoos are offensive to me, i do have a a small star of david of my arm because im jewish, but its hardly noticeable compared to the rest of my work. As long as i can still wear short sleeves on my vacation, then great! :3

If anyone were ever to be offended by a Star of David tattoo that it very, very much their own issue and certainly not something anyone decent would ever find offensive. You can definitely wear your short sleeves and I bet you'll find yourself admiring tattoos on many, many other guests while you are there. :) Enjoy!!

You'll be just fine! Have lots of fun!

I did a Na'vi Disneybound a year or so ago - just a fun jumpsuit that I found with Na'vi coloring and my shoulder Banshee along for the ride.

18767798_10213099789672746_6781076752916573531_n.jpg

I'll also say this - my Banshee was a huge hit in Galaxy's Edge in DHS a couple weekends ago. I had a bunch of great interactions with Batuu "residents" who were very interested in (or scared of) this strange alien that clearly wasn't from Batuu. I played along a bit and had a great time. So I'm sure you'll get some great reactions if you wear your ears / tail in there, at least!

Something that may be of interest to you,
Sparkle Skirts has a Navi inspired skirt, even has glow in the dark dots
I wear it often when visiting AK
There's a couple different styles in this print if this one doesn't interest you
https://sparkleskirts.com/collections/thirteen/products/lagoonglow-swingstyle-2-1
You'll be just fine! Have lots of fun!

I did a Na'vi Disneybound a year or so ago - just a fun jumpsuit that I found with Na'vi coloring and my shoulder Banshee along for the ride.

View attachment 438249

I'll also say this - my Banshee was a huge hit in Galaxy's Edge in DHS a couple weekends ago. I had a bunch of great interactions with Batuu "residents" who were very interested in (or scared of) this strange alien that clearly wasn't from Batuu. I played along a bit and had a great time. So I'm sure you'll get some great reactions if you wear your ears / tail in there, at least!
We had similar reactions when we had our Banshee during Princess meet and greats during opening weekend.

Disney is it's own wonderful place...where else can you wear ridiculous hats all day, surrounded by others doing the same?

You can wear your ears anywhere. Obviously you will see more at AK than elsewhere. I've never paid a lot of attention, but don't recall a lot of people bounding as Na'vi ... but no one cares.

There are no rules on people in the parks having visible tattoos. Now if they are of something totally offensive, they may ask you to cover them. As far as stares from other park goers ... no more that what you receive normally ...

I figured that if everyons is there to enjoy themselves, what difference would my little oddness be lol.

As far as stares goes, i obviously dont mind. Good conversation starters and usually children are the best about all the colours! X3x3

Is WDW ok with visible tats and body mods?
Absolutely! My husband has two full sleeves and both legs are covered, and we visit WDW and DL often. Never felt out of place or weird about it. You'll see all kinds of shapes, sizes, cultures, and walks of life there. Enjoy!

Even having a lot of tattoos won't stand out at Disney. There are MANY guests with MANY tattoos. Remember, people are there from all over the world. Some areas are even more into tattoos than here in the US

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter