• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Hopping Question

grammagail

Mouseketeer
I have 5 day park hoppers. I know I can come and go to any park for a total of 5 days. I also know that if I leave a park I should get my hand stamped, in case I want to return to that park.

My question is this - say I go to AK on Wednesday morning. I put my pass thru the turnstile and go in. I now leave to go back to my resort in the afternoon - so I get my hand stamped.

Now, it's evening and we want to go to MK. Do we put the pass thru the turnstile again? Or do we have to show our hand stamp?

I guess I'm asking because once I put it thru in the original park (AK) and try to put it thru another park the same day (MK) - won't it somehow say that day has already been used?

I guess I'm asking because I'm afraid that I might forget to get my hand stamped from the 1st park and then won't be able to go to another park?

Does this make sense?

Thanks.

You must pass through the turnstiles at all the parks whether you have been in earlier in the day or not. I was never really clear on why they stamp your hand either. I either read or maybe saw on tv that each time you enter a park the display shows the CM what kind of ticket you have and if you have already used the ticket for that day. The explanation was that this procedure would prevent someone from leaving the park and hading their ticket to someone else to use. This other person would not have a hand stamp and since the display would show a re-entry the CM should ask to see the hand stamp.
Anyway, this is my understanding. Hope it helps.

That makes sense. And was actually sorta what I thought. It's just that we are so excited about going and want to be prepared. Haven't been in 10 years and only had 2 - 1-day passes back then.

New to the park-hopper idea.

We were a bit unsure about this in April.

We had gone to Animal Kingdom in the am, and then to MK for the evening parade and fireworks.

When we entered the MK, the CM was too busy with someone and we couldn't ask what to do,.....so we just put our PHs in the slot and went through the turnstile.

Later we feared that we'd lost a day on our Park Hopper by using it again......it didn't make sense that would happen...but you know how you get when you are tired.....lol

So the next day we asked a CM at the ticket window and he was very very nice.

He swiped my PH, and showed us the screen.

It showed the dates and which parks we had been to, and how it deducted a day from the ticket for each day we had been to the park, and just recorded that we also entered the MK the day we "hopped".

Karen

That helps a lot. I'm the worry-wort of the family and always tend to over-think everything. I could just imagine park-hopping the first couple of days and by day 3 our 5 days would be gone (ugh)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter