Park Procedures with COVID

disguy22

Earning My Ears
Being a little lazy here but could not find anything at first glance. Is there a thread already posted that summarizes any changes to the parks due to COVID? I know capacity is reduced and masks are required. It sounds like there are still early hours for hotel guests and express passes are still in use? What about virtual queues, dining, or any other things that I may be forgetting?

The website has the info listed.
I went to the park in September when it had reopened

procedures are still in place.
I’ll find out more as will be there again next month.

check out the website
It is updated when any changes are made

Being a little lazy here but could not find anything at first glance. Is there a thread already posted that summarizes any changes to the parks due to COVID? I know capacity is reduced and masks are required. It sounds like there are still early hours for hotel guests and express passes are still in use? What about virtual queues, dining, or any other things that I may be forgetting?

express passes are still being used. They still have earlyhours for resort guests. Some dining is still closed. There are places to eat but had to go to our third choice today for lunch.

Main differences, aside from masks:
1. Socially distanced queues
2. Socially distanced seating on rides
3. Some restaurants have reduced hours, or are closed certain days. Reduced restaurant seating.
4. Character meets are distanced. You can take off the mask for photos.
5. Some hotels are closed; no one enters your hotel room (no daily room cleaning, they will bring by anything you need though).
6. Volcano Bay is closed through the winter.
7. Mobile order dining strongly encouraged. Especially relevant for Harry Potter restaurants, since there will be a line to be seated and a wait for food. Wait at Three Broomsticks is very long IME.
8. Announcements about masks / reminders about masks around parks.
9. A few shows still closed - check on App
10. A very few rides still closed - check on App (pretty much only Storm Force at this point I think, Kang & Kodos may be only open on weekends)
11. Kids play areas closed.

Last edited:

We are here now and they have increased capacity both on rides and in restaurants. At restaurants, you can expect to be three feet away (or less, if the person behind you scoots their chair back at all) from the people behind you if your backs are to one another, or about four to five feet if facing other parties. This is a change from the six feet of spacing seen everywhere in the summer and was confirmed by a very frustrated bartender who begged me to complain to somebody about the current seating conditions. I am not one to be anxious about Covid and will simply remove myself from any situation where I feel even slightly unsafe, and I will say that I walked out of Moe’s today with my kid because people were literally crammed together at every single seat and table like sardines and it was flat-out unsafe. The rides that were previously leaving rows between groups- like Gringott’s, where we had our own car in July- are seating in every row now (confirmed by the loading team member). So...there are definitely changes depending on when you last came.

Oh, and you will have a squirt of hand sanitizer applied before getting on each ride.

And mobile order seems glitchy... We mobile ordered some voodoo donuts and never got a notification that they were ready, but they were waiting for us at the pickup kiosk for who knows how long lol

And mobile order seems glitchy... We mobile ordered some voodoo donuts and never got a notification that they were ready, but they were waiting for us at the pickup kiosk for who knows how long lol

We tried the mobile order while inside a restaurant at USF, and kept getting this message "must be inside USF to order."

So, we went old fashioned after that and paid with cash/card. It wasn't to bad, except the few times the server/seater gave us the side eye. At Krusty Burger, the seater had to go ask someone a question before he sat us after asking us if we were using mobile order..

Want to add there are "U-Rest" stops that are for people who may want to take their mask off and relax. There are a couple around each park. Usually, they have signs directing you and letting you know where they are once you're near them.

Universal at Central Park and Fear Factor.
IoA in front of the lagoon when you first enter the park and where Sinbad's stunt show was.
City Walk's is near the water and by the Universal entrance area.

I did mobile order and for the most part went according to plan. I specifically did it for Louie's. The tables seemed pretty decently spread apart. Other than that I do not much experience with QS since covid (been mainly going to table service restaurants), but might get more as time goes on. Only issue I had was I had to put my table number manually in the app table rather than scan the table where it directed me to. However, it seemed easier and less confusing to just go forward and just enter the number manually (it's a short number anyway). I recommend trying to ask for salt, pepper, sauces, ect, when the person brings your food, even if you're unsure you need it, just do it just in case. As I realized I needed a few things afterward (when I realized my food lacked flavor) and it was awkward trying to ask them for other stuff and I even confused two of the TMs (long story).

If anyone has issues with the app I'd suggest turning off and back on your phone (this is standard for any issue) as well as making sure your location on your phone is on. From there, if it's still not working you obviously would just have to show up and do things the old fashioned way.

I also suggest scoping out places before you may order if safety is a concern for you. While I didn't do that and luckily it felt like a safe environment. All restaurants are different so might want to take a peek and double check the seating arrangements if it's really a concern for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter