• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park tickets in December

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So we are doing basically a resort only stay 12/21-12/24. We are annual pass holders and those dates are blocked for us. This was a last minute idea. Then in discussing we figured might want to go into Epcot for a day for festival of the holidays. In looking now a one day ticket is $159.
So do we bite the bullet and buy the tickets now or wait to see if the run a special closer, we are Florida residents. The. I looked and a 3 day ticket is about $338 and a two day ticket is the same price. Not sure we want to buy a 3 ticket because then we will feel like we need to go to the parks. But a 2 day ticket is the same price! The plan was to resort hop have a few nice meals, lay by the pool, go to Springs and enjoy. Staying at Boardwalk and it will kill me not to walk into Festival of the Holidays for one day.
So if we buy the 3 day ticket and don’t use it are those other days good for future use”
Can we just wait until we get there and buy a ticket? Will it be the same price at the gate?
Does Disney ever run a holiday Ticket special?
Any ideas on getting a ticket for one day a little cheaper?

One day tickets are very hard to get a discount on.

I don’t see any need to buy now. Maybe they’ll run a deal, who knows? Park reservations have been very plentiful so that isn’t forcing you to buy earlier either. But, do keep an eye on the park reservation calendar. If all the sudden dates start going grab your ticket.

No, you cannot use one day and bank the rest. Now your ticket is only good for X number of days, maybe giving you a day or so of wiggle room. Play with the tickets online to see their valid dates as it depends on what ticket you’re buying. Once you use the ticket to enter a park you start the use it by the end of the validity date or lose it clock.

No, 2 and 3 day tickets do not cost the same. Go back and look again, you made an error on that one. From what I see the cheapest 3 day ticket then is almost $500…

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a holiday ticket special. The parks are already crowded then, they don’t need to encourage even more people to come.

One day tickets are very hard to get a discount on.

I don’t see any need to buy now. Maybe they’ll run a deal, who knows? Park reservations have been very plentiful so that isn’t forcing you to buy earlier either. But, do keep an eye on the park reservation calendar. If all the sudden dates start going grab your ticket.

No, you cannot use one day and bank the rest. Now your ticket is only good for X number of days, maybe giving you a day or so of wiggle room. Play with the tickets online to see their valid dates as it depends on what ticket you’re buying. Once you use the ticket to enter a park you start the use it by the end of the validity date or lose it clock.

No, 2 and 3 day tickets do not cost the same. Go back and look again, you made an error on that one. From what I see the cheapest 3 day ticket then is almost $500…
Thank you. I am a Florida resident and the rate for those dates for a 3 day ticket is $338. There is no offer for a 2 day Florida resident so for a 2 day ticket I have to buy standard park tickets. I could have looked wrong but there is a different option for Florida resident that offers a 3 day ticket then to get a 2 day ticket it looks like I have to buy a non resident ticket?

So we are doing basically a resort only stay 12/21-12/24. We are annual pass holders and those dates are blocked for us. This was a last minute idea. Then in discussing we figured might want to go into Epcot for a day for festival of the holidays. In looking now a one day ticket is $159.
So do we bite the bullet and buy the tickets now or wait to see if the run a special closer, we are Florida residents. The. I looked and a 3 day ticket is about $338 and a two day ticket is the same price. Not sure we want to buy a 3 ticket because then we will feel like we need to go to the parks. But a 2 day ticket is the same price! The plan was to resort hop have a few nice meals, lay by the pool, go to Springs and enjoy. Staying at Boardwalk and it will kill me not to walk into Festival of the Holidays for one day.
So if we buy the 3 day ticket and don’t use it are those other days good for future use”
Can we just wait until we get there and buy a ticket? Will it be the same price at the gate?
Does Disney ever run a holiday Ticket special?
Any ideas on getting a ticket for one day a little cheaper?
Deals? Not likely. More likely everything will cost more.

If you are looking for a deal, I suggest going earlier when your AP is good and leave the Christmas week crowds for others.

If you really want to go, you have to pay the price. I've seen some people pay in the evening with just enough time to eat dinner and watch the fireworks. That would not be me, but you never know what you will do under certain circumstances.

An adventure like this isn't a value proposition, it's about spoiling yourself -- nothing wrong with that, of course.

I would rather do a party if I had to stray from using my AP, but if you love Epcot and can afford it, go for it.

Look at the frog, they might have them for a little less and they sometimes run multiple day specials but not one day. (they being the frog)

Thank you. I am a Florida resident and the rate for those dates for a 3 day ticket is $338. There is no offer for a 2 day Florida resident so for a 2 day ticket I have to buy standard park tickets. I could have looked wrong but there is a different option for Florida resident that offers a 3 day ticket then to get a 2 day ticket it looks like I have to buy a non resident ticket?
There are FL resident discounts on tickets for Christmas dates???

Sorry. Had no idea there was a FL Res deal and I’m not a FL resident so I can’t compare details.

I don’t think upgrading our AP is worth it for us. We have been AP holders many years and go many times per year. We usually don’t go during the holiday weeks anyway because we go earlier than the holiday weeks and see all the decorations and enjoy it. Unfortunately this year our family members have other obligations so it will be just my wife and i and we live in south Florida so we figured rather than be alone let’s go to our happy place. We are also DVC and dont always feel like we need to be in the parks and enjoy all the other things to do all over property. However I just love Epcot at Christmas so I guess we will just buy the one day ticket and make a whole day of it.
Does anyone know if we buy a ticket at the gate the day we go in is it the same price as buying online prior?

Anyone have any experience with dining reservations and getting them that week? Any good dining recommendations for Christmas?

Does anyone know if we buy a ticket at the gate the day we go in is it the same price as buying online prior?
"Gate price" is typically about $20 higher than purchasing online. Even if you purchase online that same morning, it should be less expensive than walking up to purchase admission. Just be aware of the theme park reservation. While that hasn’t been an issue lately it could be around the holidays.

I don’t think upgrading our AP is worth it for us. We have been AP holders many years and go many times per year. We usually don’t go during the holiday weeks anyway because we go earlier than the holiday weeks and see all the decorations and enjoy it. Unfortunately this year our family members have other obligations so it will be just my wife and i and we live in south Florida so we figured rather than be alone let’s go to our happy place. We are also DVC and dont always feel like we need to be in the parks and enjoy all the other things to do all over property. However I just love Epcot at Christmas so I guess we will just buy the one day ticket and make a whole day of it.

Anyone have any experience with dining reservations and getting them that week? Any good dining recommendations for Christmas?
I was wondering the same thing! We've decided to do a one day hopper, which we've never done ( typically get 7 or 8!)

I was wondering the same thing! We've decided to do a one day hopper, which we've never done ( typically get 7 or 8!)
We’re back we ended up getting a two day Florida resident ticket for the first 2 days decmber 21 & 22 we were able to use. It wasn’t much more than a one day ticket so we bit the bullet and it was worth it

We don't live in Florida. It looks like for us the WDW price for a one day hopper is the same as AAA and LESS than the authorized place we usually buy from??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter