ParkHopper or Parkhopper plus in March?

highonpropane

Earning My Ears
I am taking my family to Orlando in March and am trying to decide whether to get the ParkHopper Plus tickets in advance. Will it be warm enough in the middle of March to go to water parks? Or should I just get regular parkhoppers? My kids range from 3 to 14. Thanks.

Last March the temp made it to the mid 80's. The water is heated but the rides with spray can be cold.

On the other hand, I was able to get DW to agree to go this year because we have three flex features left on our passes and can make it a swimming vacation without spending on the major park entries. So if it is too cold, view it as an investment for a cheaper Disney break at another time.

JIM

You are doing the right thing in asking about the difference. I wish I'd done that the first time.

Our situation is that we go once a year so don't have the opportunity to reuse. The PHP was just too much for us. The weather has to be comfortable enough to want to spend a day there and most times, my kids didn't want to give up a Park day for a water day--they could swim at the resort.

We're not big ones for schlepping around in towels and beach wear until you get back to the room and shower/change either.
Then by the time you're ready to go somewhere else, you have very little time left for some parks that close early.

We've not gotten the Plus again and been very satisfied. Also check with what parks/attractions will be under construction for the time you are there. Sometimes they take a water park out and that may help make your decision easier.

:earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

You may want to buy your tickets prior to getting to the parks. I believe that you could purchase the tickets cheaper at The Disney Store (4 day hopper, 5day hopper and 6 day hopper plus) than at the parks. You could also check on line as I am almost sure that buying at the park is more money than a prior purchase.

I always buy just the hopper pass. I figure we are going to Disney to see the 4 parks, and the pool at the resort is good enough for us. Of course, we have a 2 yo and 7 yo, so a day at the park wears us all out. Any extra time or energy we have, we spend at Downtown Disney.

It depends on what your plans are for your Disney vacation, and whether or not you ever foresee yourselves being back again. We purchased the PHP passes 2 years ago when our kids were only 3 & 5...and IMHO too young to get much out of the parks. We've been to WDW several times in recent years-always in March (for conferences), and the weather has always been warm enough for the pool, etc. We will be there again this March, and now that are kids are a bit older, and have turned into little fishies, we may indeed spend a day at a water park. Our feeling was that, since we plan to continue occ. visits to WDW, the Plus feature would not go to waste (since they never expire). We will now be going to a water park at the prices from 2 years ago! That's also been our philosophy in purchasing more days on a pass than what we need for the current trip. So- if you'll be going again, your kids like the water slides etc. of a park, and the extra price of the Plus is not burdensome, then I'd suggest doing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter