Parking a 12 passenger van

André David

Earning My Ears
Hello, everyone!

Our family is going to WDW between november 30 and december 08, and we are a group of 3 adults and 5 teenagers (yep, I don't expect this to be quiet hahaha).

I was thinking of renting one 12 passengers van on the airport, but I'm worried about parking.

From my researches online I got the impression that I'll be able to park on All-Star Sports, Disney Springs, MK, DHS, EPCOT and the Universal Parks without any issue. Is that right?

I'm also worried about parking on malls, outlets and supermarkets as Walmart and Whole Foods. It's ok to park such a huge van on those places?

Thanks for all the help and I'm sorry if I misspeled anything, since english is not my first language.

12 passenger vans are meant to be able to park in a single spot. At the theme parks they'll probably send you to the oversize/RV area. When at the resort and shopping Id say just park further back where you can use two spaces if you're more comfortable that way.

Last edited:
Having driven 12-15 passenger vans my recommendation is to get in the habit of dropping everyone off up front, then going back a few rows to park. Getting used to the length and visibility can be a challenge for many.

12 passenger vans are meant to be able to park in a single spot. At the theme parks they'll probably send you to the oversize/RV area. When at the resort and shopping Id say just park further back where you can use two spaces if you're more comfortable that way.
Thanks a lot for that tip!
They fit just fine. They're not much different than a big pickup truck.
Good to know! Never drove a van before.
Having driven 12-15 passenger vans my recommendation is to get in the habit of dropping everyone off up front, then going back a few rows to park. Getting used to the length and visibility can be a challenge for many.
Thanks! Great tip!

You guys have been very helpful! :thanks:

My mom hated driving big vehicles, but she had to drive a 15 passenger van several times when we took kids on field trips. Never had any issues/problems, including parking at museums/Kennedy Space Center/etc. You'll be fine, and the 12 passenger will fit in a normal spot.

Credit card rental coverage frequently excludes 12 pax vans. Check all coverages including your personal auto policy. Know if you're going to spend $$$ on coverage from the rental agency

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter