Parking at BWI

Sugardimples

DIS Veteran
We'll be flying out of BWI on Friday and will be gone for 11 days. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the best place to park? I'd really appreciate any input as I've never flown from this airport before. Thanks for your help!

You can use the Airport's own long term parking lots..but add another hour to your arrival time, as you may be standing in the lot that long waiting for a bus to take you to the terminal!! I remember one morning when no less than 3 busses passed us by--they were full by the time they got to our stop!! Then an empty bus came along and we were happy as could be--until it breezed on by as well. It was a "training bus" and not picking up passengers!! Another aggrivation--on a full bus, there is often NO room for your luggage in the luggage "racks".
After that, we decided never to use that lot again. Now when we fly we use FastPark. A private company and more expensive, but the shuttlebus will pick you up almost immediately, and right at your car. Same for getting back. They pick you up at the terminal and return you right to your car.
One morning we got to the terminal and I had forgotten my wallet (in glove compartment of my car). The FastPark van took my right back to my car, I got my wallet, and took me right back to the terminal. Imagine that happening with the Airport's own service!!!

When I've flown out of BWI I have opted to stay overnight in one of the park and fly hotels. That way I didn't have to pay for extra parking. I just used the hotel shuttle to the airport.

Even if you accept the tremendous hassle of parking in BWI's long-term lots, they charge $7 per day with 7th day free, so you'll spend at least $70, and perhaps $77 if you arrive later in the day than you depart.

If you're willing to deal with the shuttle bus hassle anyway, consider taking the train, especially if you have weekday arrival and departures that allow you to use MARC. Taking the shuttle from BWI rail station is no more inconvenient than taking the shuttle from the parking lot, and you can get train fare for as little as $5 each way.

Also, be aware that the lower level of the terminal is a *huge* mess right now due to construction. If you do use one of the parking options, on your return I recommend that one member of your party retrieve the car while the others get the luggage. Then have them drag the luggage up to the ticketing level, and pick them up there. Just flew from there at Christmas, and this saved us a lot of aggravation.

Thanks, everyone, for your input. We have decided to park at FastPark. They are even running a special right now so the rate is only $6.00 per day!

Sugardimples,

We are flying out of BWi on Sunday. We have opted to stay Saturday night and use the park'n fly package at a local hotel (we have a 8am flight). The total cost for parking for us for 11 days is only about $40.00 plus the price of the room with the package.

Are you flying Southwest? This is our first time at the airport. Have a great trip.

Tammy

(just noticed your a neighbor, we live just outside of Hershey)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter