Parking at Ft Lauderdale port

ngl

DIS Veteran
We have a cruise in two months. We are local to FL so previously have driven to Port Canaveral and parked there during the length of our cruise. I know the port at Ft. Laud has a parking garage but any insight on it would be appreciated. Is there a certain place/section to park for Disney cruises? Thanks in advance.

I was checking into that today too. Is it currently $20 per 24 hour period? Thanks!

DCL uses Terminal 4 at Port Everglades, which means you'll use the Heron garage.
https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/parking/
Wow - you have been on LOTS of cruises! I was looking into Celebrity Cruises out of Port Everglades. Celebrity Reflections to Key West and Bimini (I think those are 4 night cruises). We took a ferry to Key West from Fort Myers before the hurricane took out Sanibel. Driving and parking is a pain in Key West so we would like to go again by ship. We don't party so some of the other cruise lines seem to be for the younger crowd.

We are DVC and want to take a Disney Galveston cruise with our son and DIL since they live in TX but 2024 is pretty much overscheduled for them so that may be 2025. Thanks very much for any insight!
pirate::boat:

Wow - you have been on LOTS of cruises! I was looking into Celebrity Cruises out of Port Everglades. Celebrity Reflections to Key West and Bimini (I think those are 4 night cruises). We took a ferry to Key West from Fort Myers before the hurricane took out Sanibel. Driving and parking is a pain in Key West so we would like to go again by ship. We don't party so some of the other cruise lines seem to be for the younger crowd.

We are DVC and want to take a Disney Galveston cruise with our son and DIL since they live in TX but 2024 is pretty much overscheduled for them so that may be 2025. Thanks very much for any insight!
pirate::boat:
I'm Elite Plus on Celebrity and would certainly recommend it for adults traveling without children. I've been on the Reflection and will be on her again in March, so I have no issues with the ship. I have not been to Bimini, but Key West is a nice day.

I was checking into that today too. Is it currently $20 per 24 hour period? Thanks!
Yes, I just cruised over Christmas and it was $100 for a five day cruise, or $20 a day. Very easy to find, as you basically get routed into the garage. They have a drop off on the first floor where your family can stand with the luggage while you go park the car. Take your ticket with you, as you will need to pay at the first floor kiosk when you get back, before you head to your car.

I'm Elite Plus on Celebrity and would certainly recommend it for adults traveling without children. I've been on the Reflection and will be on her again in March, so I have no issues with the ship. I have not been to Bimini, but Key West is a nice day.
Thank you so much for the info! The fact that you have cruised on that ship and are going again is huge... There are so many options for cruises and we just don't want to waste time or money being on a party ship! Thanks again! :worship:

Yes, I just cruised over Christmas and it was $100 for a five day cruise, or $20 a day. Very easy to find, as you basically get routed into the garage. They have a drop off on the first floor where your family can stand with the luggage while you go park the car. Take your ticket with you, as you will need to pay at the first floor kiosk when you get back, before you head to your car.
Thank you for confirming! That is reasonable for garage parking and it sounds easy to get around.
:love:

Just got off the Dream today. Everything in the terminal both boarding and getting off was very easy with only minimal delays getting through customs. Drop off lanes for luggage and car drop offs and pick ups. All under cover. $20 per night

Reactions: ngl
It makes me a bit nervous that they don't accept reservations in the garage. Do you have to get there early to ensure getting a spot or is there plenty of parking?

It makes me a bit nervous that they don't accept reservations in the garage. Do you have to get there early to ensure getting a spot or is there plenty of parking?
No need for nervousness. I've cruised out of Port Everglades dozens of times, many times during the holiday season in December. I've never had an issue finding a space. If you arrive too early, the previous cruisers won't have left. We usually arrive between 10:30-11:30 and easily find spaces.

To help you know get a feel for FL parking. This was before sailing out. I wanted to show how much room was available on the parking garage as we were on the sold out week before Christmas. Only downside is if you have handicapped person in your party. They were not ready for us.

Attachments

• IMG_3060.jpeg
    IMG_3060.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3059.jpeg
    IMG_3059.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3057.jpeg
    IMG_3057.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3056.jpeg
    IMG_3056.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 10

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter