• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at resort for golf?

diznish

Earning My Ears
Will security let you park at Saratoga Springs for example to check out the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course before making a reservation to actually play?
I want to check out the golf places Disney had (Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course/ Disney's Winter Summerland/Disney's Fantasia Gardens) before deciding which one to go to and play a round and wondering if the resorts closet to it let you park.

Will security let you park at Saratoga Springs for example to check out the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course before making a reservation to actually play?
I want to check out the golf places Disney had (Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course/ Disney's Winter Summerland/Disney's Fantasia Gardens) before deciding which one to go to and play a round and wondering if the resorts closet to it let you park.
Yes, tell them you are going to the pro shop. We go to the pro shop every visit and never had an issue

Just remember Winter/Summerland and Fantasia Gardens are mini golf, although Fantasia has a pitch and putt

Are you asking about mini-golf or a regulation course? Regulation courses typically have course maps/yardages shown on-line. Typically you play the tees associated with your skill level. Not sure what you would want to check out in person since all you could see from the pro shop might be the 1st tee or 18th green. No regulation course I have ever played anywhere lets you walk the course to see the holes.

Last edited:
Shades of Green has a specific parking lot for the golf courses (separate to the hotel parking structure)--Magnolia/Palm/Oak. There is a security booth you will have to go through; I don't know what they require as proof of those wanting to enter for golf (as I've only been a guest of the hotel).

(Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course/ Disney's Winter Summerland/Disney's Fantasia Gardens)

Oak Trail is over at the original golf area near Shades of Green (which started as the Golf Resort, the nearly forgotten 3rd resort hotel at WDW). Oak Trail is a full 9-hole walking course, it can be a lot of walking on a hot Florida day (but I guess that's WDW in general). Oak is a nice enough course, but can be popular with beginners, which slow pace of play, since it's included in the "Water Parks and Sports" ticket add-on; which may be why you're asking about that and the mini golf options (Summer/Winter and Fantasia). Fantasia Gardens has a unique course called the Fairways that has more traditional fairways, traps and greens, but is played entirely with a putter.

As noted, you really can't see much of the (full) courses, you'll see more holes driving by.

Shades of Green has a specific parking lot for the golf courses (separate to the hotel parking structure)--Magnolia/Palm/Oak. There is a security booth you will have to go through; I don't know what they require as proof of those wanting to enter for golf (as I've only been a guest of the hotel).

Not much. The Pro Shop, Chip 'n' Dale's Deli, driving range, etc. are open to all. You just tell the security guard why you are there. The security stop is there to make sure people are where they want to be and for an opportunity for a quick check who is inside the car.

The Pro Shops are worth shopping at, probably the most unique and highest quality character clothing available at WDW...as long as you can live with the golf theme.

Last edited:
You definitely want to book a tee time in advance! There is a link to the online booking tool on the main Disney webpage. Note that the Magnolia is currently closed for renovations, so depending when you are going, the other courses could be packed. I found that you definitely need to have something booked about 2 weeks in advance. They do offer a Sunset 9 discount (depending on the time of year). I created an account online and I get email offers for things like buy one round, get one free or other deals. If you have junior golfers, they are 50% off and it includes club rental. We have played at Lake Buena Vista the most, because we are usually staying at Saratoga Springs.

If you have a car, we also loved playing at Celebration. We got a deal that included 2 drinks and lunch and range balls with our greens fees. My kids said this was their favorite course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter