• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at Resort Without a Room or Reservation

GeekOut Toybox

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

We are coming down to Orlando in a few weeks and, while we are staying at Cabana Bay, we would love to stop by the Polynesian to visit Trader Sam's or maybe get on the walk up list for Ohana. I know before the pandemic, you could visit resorts during the day but post-closure, you could only park if you had a reservation.

Does anyone know if they are allowing day parking again or if you still need a reservation at a restaurant?

At the MK resorts you generally need an ADR or a room reservation, they'll probably send you to the TTC to park.

I know before the pandemic, you could visit resorts during the day but post-closure, you could only park if you had a reservation.
Even before the pandemic on certain high profile resorts like Contemporary, Poly, Grand Floridian, etc parking was ADR or valet. Mobile Ordering joined in but then had been iffy on if that would work and pretty much less so these days.

For the walk up list you can do that on the app BTW. Or at least try to. They have added that feature into MDE and you can also hunt for an ADR. Day of O'hana popped up for us (though we did not choose it) as an actual reservation back in May.

You could uber or lyft there as well I believe although I have heard of people having issues with drop offs here and there

You could Uber/Lyft to the MK and you will be dropped off at the TTC. It's not a bad walk to the Poly from there.
I've seen people do Poly and Contemporary (that one a lot) so not sure you have to punch in MK as the destination but you're def. right either way it's not a long walk if you aren't dropped off at TTC and TTC is an easy spot for drop off.

Even before the pandemic on certain high profile resorts like Contemporary, Poly, Grand Floridian, etc parking was ADR or valet. Mobile Ordering joined in but then had been iffy on if that would work and pretty much less so these days.

For the walk up list you can do that on the app BTW. Or at least try to. They have added that feature into MDE and you can also hunt for an ADR. Day of O'hana popped up for us (though we did not choose it) as an actual reservation back in May.

You could uber or lyft there as well I believe although I have heard of people having issues with drop offs here and there

This was a question I had....could an Uber or Lyft drop you off at a resort that you are not staying at. I want to visit and shop at the Yacht Club but are staying elsewhere. I guess I could get an Uber to Swan or Dolphin and go from there but was just wondering how Uber/Lyft worked at a resort you are not staying at.

MJ

This was a question I had....could an Uber or Lyft drop you off at a resort that you are not staying at. I want to visit and shop at the Yacht Club but are staying elsewhere. I guess I could get an Uber to Swan or Dolphin and go from there but was just wondering how Uber/Lyft worked at a resort you are not staying at.

MJ
It's still the same for Uber/Lyft. Security will ask you if you have ADRs/staying at the resort and will scan your MB. This was the procedure for us when we took Lyft for breakfast at Kona Cafe this past summer.

MJ
The closer it is to rope drop for Epcot, the less likely you’ll be allowed into Yacht & Beach without a reservation of some kind.

Go to TTC and walk over from there. It’s very close to Poly.
Exactly.

As you approach the TTC itself from the parking lot, look to your left at a slight angle across the TTC central pavement, and you'll soon see the opening for the pathway to the Poly.

It's roughly a 5-10 minute walk that gets you to the corner of PagoPago lodge. Continue along the front length of PagoPago. You'll see the portico for the Great Ceremonial House beyond PagoPago. The sidewalk will take you straight to the main GCH entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter