Parking fee at DVC resorts

Kwdsue

Mouseketeer
If you are a DVC member and staying at a DVC resort, do you now have to pay for daily parking?

Staying on points, no, but paying cash through WDW I think they can.
DVC owners staying at DVC resorts don't pay for parking no matter how they're paying for the DVC villa. When staying on cash or other payment (e.g. we stayed at RIV on credit card reward points), the parking charge will often show up on the account because the cash system and the DVC member system don't talk to each other. If that happens, a quick trip to the front desk to point out that you're a DVC owner staying on cash will have the charge removed.

Is this also true if you have purchased DVC through resale?

Yes. As mentioned, its part of what we own and it’s maintenance is covered in dues. All owners should not pay for additional parking.

The only time you have to be careful and watch your account is if you book DVC on cash via Disney. The system may not recognize you as an owner and may charge you. But, you only need to let them know at the front desk and it’s removed.

Nothing has changed? Still no parking fee for DVC Members staying at DVC resorts like Jambo House?

I assume this applies to Renters as well (no parking fee, since they are staying on points)?
Also, I assume that DVC owners staying at a non-DVC property have to pay parking?

I assume this applies to Renters as well (no parking fee, since they are staying on points)?
Also, I assume that DVC owners staying at a non-DVC property have to pay parking?
If the reservation was made using points, no daily parking fee. This applies to all Disney Resorts (DVC or not).

If the reservation was made using points, no daily parking fee. This applies to all Disney Resorts (DVC or not).
And to make it a bit more confusing, DVC members staying at a DVC resort but not using points (paying cash or using credit card rewards points, for example) also don't pay parking! Although they'll probably be charged for parking and will have to go to the front desk or email Disney to have it taken off, after it shows up on the bill.

And to make it a bit more confusing, DVC members staying at a DVC resort but not using points (paying cash or using credit card rewards points, for example) also don't pay parking! Although they'll probably be charged for parking and will have to go to the front desk or email Disney to have it taken off, after it shows up on the bill.
This is all so strange to me. We are DVC members and have paid cash to stay at non-DVC resorts, yet have never been charged for parking.

I'm not sure why.

This is all so strange to me. We are DVC members and have paid cash to stay at non-DVC resorts, yet have never been charged for parking.
There seems to be some issues with paid parking at the resorts. Some people with cars aren't charged, while others without cars are charged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter