Parking question at Hrh

joloco

Mouseketeer
We are staying at hrh and will have car rental. I know they charge a daily parking fee for valet, ( can't remember how much), but I thought I had read somewhere you could self park? We'll be there four days, and we may just park the car once, Does anyone have any idea ??? Thanks can't wait.:cool:

Self parking is available as well. Last time I stayed (October), I believe it was $5/day for self parking.

Jim

Not sure on the vallet question. $6/day self parking really isn't bad if you think about it. In many cities it is common to charge from $5-15 / day self parking. Also you have to consider that it is $7/day to park in the Universal garage. I'm really not sure if Disney charges an actuall self-parking fee yet or not at their resorts, but if the don't, compare the room rates of Disney resorts to Universal resorts. Even with parking added in, Universal is still a far better value.

Jim

No, Disney does not charge to self park.

And YES, Universal is still a far better value!:D :D

The best self-parking at HRH is to take the first right after the guard shack, when you first enter HRH driveway (You need your key-card to get thru gate, go check in 1st). Then go left, all the way to the end of the lot. You wind up near the HRH back gate to the pool. Very convenient if you find an open spot!
Enjoy yourselves!
Jim

We were there last week and the back lot was blocked off. To get into the main parking lot you don't need to have a key card. You can take a ticket but you need a key card to get out. At the front desk they will ask if you are parking or not. They were charging $6.00 a day for self parking. It is done on an honour system.

I believe HRH has a car rental place located inside, so perhaps it might be better for you just to rent the car at the hotel when you need it, that way it will save you money on the rental car and the parking.
:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter