Parking

moneypit85

Did I miss a meal?
Hi everyone I have a question about parking at the DCL post. We are Christmas cruising,First cruise ever, has anyone ever had or heard of problems with leaving their vehicle in the parking lot? You know vandalism or break ins? After cruising we have reservations on Key West for New Years. Wife, Kids and I can't wait. 64 days and counting.:bounce: :bounce: :earseek:

:tongue: Just returned from 10/11 cruise. We parked our van at the port.......no problems at all. Porters carried our luggage to the van for us also! My parents parked their car at the Radisson and didn't have a problem either!

Hope

We have parked a car at the port 4 times now and plan on doing the same in January. We have never had any problems yet.
Robin

I just remembered that they say there is a problem with ants and not to leave any open food in your car while it is parked there. Never noticed a problem or an ant so I don't know if this is true.

Robin

We were on the 10/5 cruise and parked at port. No problem for us. It was great with debarking as a porter took us to our luggage, loaded it up quickly, through customs, and out to the parking lot to our van. It took barely 5 minutes for our family of 5 to be on our way (sadly).

I've parked at the Radisson five trips with no trouble so far. With 30+ days of my car sitting there unguarded, and nothing happening; I'd say it's relatively safe.

Luckily, much of the Radisson lot is behind an automated gate (only the last trip did we park the car up front near the lobby).

The area is not high-crime, but even within Disney's parking compound a determined theif (or vandal) could cause problems.

The Disney lot is fenced, but not guarded 24/7 like some believe. The Radisson lot is busy and lighted, but unguarded.

Regardless - that's why you have car insurance.

Security at the port is very tight....guards, controlled access...the lot is RIGHT next to the ship. The lot at the Radisson is a grassy field in front of the property. It is not secured there. I don't know if people have had problems with break ins at the hotel, but the Port should be as safe as anywhere could be.

I am not sure I would want to leave open food in my car anyway. Could you imagine the smell upon returning. :scared:

We planned to park at the Radisson but ended up parking at the port. The Radisson also has parking on the left side near the conference center in addition to that mentioned above by earlier poster. Radisson told us they have 24-hour security patrolling.

Port parking was right next to ship for us as previously stated by others. Felt very safe leaving car there. Oops, didn't know about ant situation and we did leave open bag of pretzels and of fritos in car but there were no little visitors upon our return.

Upon our return, however, we did find our driver's side rear tire extremely low. Not due to any vandalism but just evidentally a very slow leak. I was able to go and ask one of the port people where the nearest gas station was and got excellent directions. We filled tire up with air and had no problem with it all the way back home to New York. Hubby is going to have tire checked out this week probably. We just arrived home today.

has anyone ever had or heard of problems with leaving their vehicle in the parking lot? You know vandalism or break ins?

Just remember nothing is foolproof. Heck, on Long Island some of the lots with the greatest percentage of vandalism and break-ins are the police parking fields behind the precinct stations...

Sounds good thanks for the replies. I will pose one other question to go along with this. Has anyone seen RV's parked on the Ports lot?

http://www.portcanaveral.org/floridafun/cruise.htm#parking

Parking
Parking at Port Canaveral's Cruise Terminals is paved, gated, and under 24-hour surveillance. Parking fee is $10.00 per day for vehicles up to 20 feet in length and $20.00 per day for vehicles over 20 feet. The total amount for the time the vehicle is to be parked must be paid in full upon entering the parking area. Visa, MasterCard, Traveler's Checks issued in U.S. dollars and cash are accepted. All fees stated above are subject to change without notice by Canaveral Port Authority.

Yes, RVs are parked there

tammy bell: No, reservations are not necessary. When you arrive, follow the signs for Disney. There will be a couple of guarded check points along the way where you'll need to show ID's & have your names checked against a list. Then you'll be directed where to drive to unload the car, and everyone but the driver. Then you park in a lot just a stone's throw from the terminal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter