Party of 7 possible for waterside at Blue Bayou?

trishakay84

Mouseketeer
Today is the first day we can make dining reservations for the day we were planning to eat at Blue Bayou (June 11, a Monday), and when I put our full party size (7), it only gives me the option of 11:40 am. If I change it to a party of 6, the 11:30 time is available. Is it not possible for a party of 7 to be seated waterside?

I'm going to call the dining reservation number when they open and see if they have any tricks, like a party of 6 with a note that there's an infant too, but was just curious in the meantime if anyone knows whether a table of 7 can be waterside. Or if anyone's had an 11:40 reservation and been waterside - I wasn't sure if all the waterside spots are taken once they seat the 11:30 people.

Thanks in advance!

Today is the first day we can make dining reservations for the day we were planning to eat at Blue Bayou (June 11, a Monday), and when I put our full party size (7), it only gives me the option of 11:40 am. If I change it to a party of 6, the 11:30 time is available. Is it not possible for a party of 7 to be seated waterside?

I'm going to call the dining reservation number when they open and see if they have any tricks, like a party of 6 with a note that there's an infant too, but was just curious in the meantime if anyone knows whether a table of 7 can be waterside. Or if anyone's had an 11:40 reservation and been waterside - I wasn't sure if all the waterside spots are taken once they seat the 11:30 people.

Thanks in advance!
You need to count the infant so it is a party of 7 (putting it in a note will screw it up the day of, they don't look at notes until day of.) And just because you have an 1130 time doesn't mean you will get a waterside table. I do not think there is a waterside table that is large enough to seat your group. The dining reservation line will not be able to tell you if you can get a waterside table. I would simply take the 1140a, arrive at Blue Bayou at 11a and ask as you check in.

You need to count the infant so it is a party of 7 (putting it in a note will screw it up the day of, they don't look at notes until day of.) And just because you have an 1130 time doesn't mean you will get a waterside table. I do not think there is a waterside table that is large enough to seat your group. The dining reservation line will not be able to tell you if you can get a waterside table. I would simply take the 1140a, arrive at Blue Bayou at 11a and ask as you check in.
Okay, thanks so much! I've been on hold with dining reservations for 30 mins, got disconnected once. So I'll just give up on that and see what they say at BB when we arrive!

What happens when you try a table of 8? We had a party of 7, reserved table of 8 (had one drop off) and got waterside. I don't think they can guarantee the location of your table, though.

What happens when you try a table of 8? We had a party of 7, reserved table of 8 (had one drop off) and got waterside. I don't think they can guarantee the location of your table, though.
Thanks for the suggestion! I just checked with a party of 8, but there's no availability from 10 am - 1 pm for a party that size. We'll just see what happens with the 11:40 for 7 :)

Have you tried breaking your party into a party of four and one of three? If you get there early enough, you can request seating together.

Have you tried breaking your party into a party of four and one of three? If you get there early enough, you can request seating together.
You can request this, but sometimes it is difficult to do day of. I know this from experience. I generally will go to the restaurant the day before to advise them we are 2 parties that want to be sat together. Sometimes they can manage it, but other times, especially if they already have a large party, you could be sat a couple tables apart.

The only time I saw a large party seated waterside around 11:30 was what I think was a Make A Wish type situation. (The child was at the head of the table in a heavily customized wheelchair.) Group was over a dozen but that meant nobody else could be seated there and it blocked the view of the boats and water for all the tables behind them. (Restaurant had moved everything around before opening.) Obviously no one (at least in our party) cared given what the situation appeared to be but I suspect that is one of the reasons they don’t seat large parties right against the water, they become one large block to the best view.

Imho don’t worry too much, there are many wonderful tables with different views, 11:40 is still a good time!

We were a party of 7 and we were seated waterside for dinner. And we didn't even ask. Totally lucky with a pinch of pixie dust.

So, yes, it is possible!

We were a party of 7 seated waterside, but it was 2 years ago so I don’t remember what time our reservation was for. I do know that when we checked in we asked for a waterside table, and they said it would be a longer wait, but it wasn’t too long.

We were 7 people with a 4:30 reservation. Checked in early and asked how long the wait would be for waterside. We we’re told 45 mins but it was less than 30.

Hopefully Pirates will be reopened by then! It's always fun to ride before sitting down for your meal. I'm going early next month so it'll be closed for us :(

A party of 7 will be seated at the same two 4 top tables that a party of 8 will be seated at. So, I find it really strange that there isn't availability for a party of 8 but there IS for a party of 7.

Regardless, yes, there are a few sets of 2 four top tables along the railing. You will have to make that request when you check in for your ADR, and I suggest you check in at least 30 min early if you have that request.

We had an 11:30 reservation. We were waterside. We had in notes and requested in person around 11;15. There were 4 of us and it was spring break. People were seated before us. There was a large party not waterside. I don’t know if they didn’t request it or what. People were all over the restaurant. The whole water side was not full. There was another table seated about 15 min after us - seated waterside. I think it’s a myth that all the 11:30’s are waterside.

Last edited:
If you want a waterside table I would show up early and request the water side table. That is what I have read from other on here and I did it and did get a waterside table. However, I only had 2 people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter