Pass/lanyard logistics

ebharris

Mouseketeer
Can somebody share with me what I will get once I trade my voucher in for tickets?

I should then put those tickets in a clear card holder on a lanyard for easy scanning? My kids won’t have phones with them, but may go do some rides on their own (15, 12) so would like to be prepared for them.

Thank you!

I had a voucher from Last Minute Travel Club with a barcode. Before I went to Disney I added the barcode to the Disneyland Ap and named the ticket.

If your voucher has a barcode, go direct to the entrance turnstiles after security.

Present the vouchers to the CM who will scan then and print out the actaul Disneyland paper ticket which is the size of a credit card. If you have added the tickets to the App you need to match up the tickets with the person. Get each person to write their names on the tickets.

I used a plastic lanyard pouch attached to a belt clip with a retractable cord, this type of thing
s-l300.jpg

I had this attached to one of the bag straps of my backpack.

Put the park ticket into the plastic pouch and attach to each person in a place which is easy to reach.

I didnt use Maxpass and used my ticket to pull the paper fastpasses from the machines. The paper fastpasses are just a receipt with the info on them. You do not have to give them to the CM's. I kept the Fastpass paper receipts in the plastic pouch. I was able to keep track of the Fastpass return windows and when my next Fastpass would be available by checking the paper fastpass receipt.

When I then went to use the Fastpass I just reached for the plastic pouch and scanned the actual park ticket through the plastic. I didnt have to remove it from the pouch.

I admittedly have never understood the appeal of a lanyard. It’s not difficult to just put the ticket in a pocket/wallet/etc.

I tried using a lanyard the first few times I went to the parks. One of my friends I used to go with was into pin trading and had her pins on a lanyard.

I didnt like it, I found the pins and the whole thing around my next itchy and irritable with the heat.

I did love the plastic pouch and having my park ticket so accessible. I use a backpack and many of the clothes I wear to the parks dont have pockets or pockets that would be secure enough to hold my purse / wallet.

Then I found the belt clip with the retractable cord and now I couldnt do without it. For me , its a security issue, having the park ticket in the plastic pouch means that I dont have to keep getting out my wallet all the time. Yes I know Disney would not have big issues with pick pockets or people getting mugged when they have their wallet or purse out BUT I live in an area which does have these problems. For me its just automatic that I keep my wallet / purse secure and out of sight until I am actually at the cash desk / paying for something.

The last time I used a lanyard, they made me take my AP out of the plastic pouch every time to scan at the turnstile and it was a hassle.Then my Grandson lost the plastic pouch on his when it broke off . Luckily it only had his FP and not admission ticket. I won`t use them.

I think lanyards are the epitome of nerdy and super tourist but we used them on our last trip and it was totally worth it. We have 3 kids under 6, so my husband and I each took our tickets and put them back to back with a kid ticket so we could easily scan and flip. This also worked better for us because not everyone went on every FP ride, so I didn't have to swipe through and figure out which ticket was what and which tickets to scan on my phone. I know some people prefer phones, but honestly the phone people trying to unlock phones, increase brightness, swipe through, etc., were the ones clogging up the FP return. This worked well for us and we always knew where the tickets were. We got more heavy duty ID holders off of amazon (double zip, heavy plastic) so they were waterproof and tickets wouldn't fall out.

Dh or I always have all the tickets in a zipper pocket, purse zipper, etc. We have no issue giving the few needed to whoever is going on a separate ride.

Tickets on phones has made it nice too!

I don't like lanyards after the plastic part that attached it to the hook broke off of mine and I nearly lost my AP. And it was a heavy duty one. Been horribly paranoid ever since.

We love lanyards but I do prefer my magic band at WDW.

I will say I'm not excited about magic band plus at DL since it appears to require charging to work.

We love lanyards but I do prefer my magic band at WDW.

I will say I'm not excited about magic band plus at DL since it appears to require charging to work.
Magic Band+ will work for entry and rides without charging (I know this first hand as I forgot to charge mine on Friday!) It‘s the interactive “light up” features that require charging.

I love MB+, especially with kids. Mine would undoubtedly lose or complain about their lanyard, or in my teens instance think it wasn’t cool. I totally get that if this is a one time trip the cost is prohibitive, but if you are repeat WDW and DL visitors worth every penny.

The previous year we received paper tickets after checking in with the app, this year we didn't.

We got paper tickets 2 weeks ago by taking our vouchers to the turnstiles. I will say that those of us using paper tickets to scan in for LLs were a heck of a lot faster than those with phones....

We got paper tickets 2 weeks ago by taking our vouchers to the turnstiles. I will say that those of us using paper tickets to scan in for LLs were a heck of a lot faster than those with phones....

I would have purchased a magicband+ if it were $20 instead of almost $40.

Also, from what we dealt with - it's mainly a Disneyland app loading issue. Multiple times during the day the app went black or would take almost a minute to load our LL passes. We didn't get in line until they had fully loaded, which I think was not always everyone else's policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter