Pathway from SSR to DD

las3888

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Can you please tell me about the path to DD from SSR? Is there one or are there more than one? Where is it (are they) located and where do they end up at DD? Is there one somewhat near the Springs area? How long of a walk is it from the Springs area to say T-Rex (versus the SSR area, can't remember the name, that is closest to the DD path)?

Thanks!

There is the Congress Park path and a bridge somewhere behind the Turf Club I think.

Your best bet is to look at Google Maps or Earth and you can see where the paths are located.

:earsboy: Bill

There are two paths to Downtown Disney from SSR--and T-Rex is fairly close to "in the middle"--it may be a tiny bit further taking the path that puts you into Downtown Disney on the West Side, right near Cirque and DisneyQuest--but not much.

It's that path (the West Side path) that's closest to Springs...the easiest way to find it is to head to the boat dock "behind" the Carriage House...you'll see a wooden bridge on your right...follow the path across the bridge and bear to your left...fairly soon you'll see a big parking lot, w/Cirque on the far side...you can follow the sidewalk, or cut thru the parking lot (I've never seen it even close to full)...cutting thru the parking lot cuts off maybe 2 minutes worth of the walk...then, of course, you just take a left in West Side and go past all the West side shops/venues, over the bridge into Pleasure Island, thru Pleasure Island, and on to T Rex, which is fairly close to the "far side" of Pleasure Island/Marketplace "merge."

The other path parallels the canal...you pick it up "behind" the pool at Congress Park (actually, you can pick it up a bit closer to Springs behind the first of the Congress Park buildings, but that's harder to describe)...follow the walkway next to the canal to its end, which will put you on a road (forget its name)...turn right and you'll see the Marketplace bus stop straight ahead (very close)...when you get to the bus stop, make an immediate right to go into Marketplace and follow the Marketplace paths to T Rex (towards Pleasure Island)...

From Congress Park to the Marketplace bus stop (starting at the Congress Park pool) is no more than 10 minutes, at a pleasant "strolling" pace...it's another 5-8 minutes, depending on how fast you walk, from Springs to Congress Park...The West Side path shouldn't take you longer than 10 minutes from the boat dock to the Cirque parking lot...it's maybe 5 minutes from Springs (depending on which building you start from) to the path by the boat dock...

As I recall, the entire distance from the beginning of Marketplace to Cirque (the end of West Side) is close to but less than a mile...so to T Rex would be between 1/3 and 1/2 a mile from the Marketplace bus stop, and maybe 1/2 mile or so from Cirque...

Very pleasant walking!

Hope this helps!

I agree that it's a very pleasant walk. Then there's always the boats, if they're running, and your feet are tired. Boats aren't a time saver,just an alternative.

The walk to DTD from SSR is one of my favorite things about the resort.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you for your very helpful info. We will have a car--just wondering if it's possible to park close to either path (on the SSR) side to shave off a little time. The walk sounds nice, but if it's hot, humid and sunny, I'm not sure if we will make it! We would like to though, especially since parking at DTD can be so difficult.

I will have to find an aerial map too to see. Of course it all depends on where our room ends up also.

Totally sympathize with the (for me) inescapable fact that walking in heat & humidity isn't pleasant, kind of no matter what! But do consider,if driving, parking at the far end of West Side (the parking lot you cross to get from SSR/Boat Dock-West Side path)...I've never ever seen it even remotely full, not even on nights when Cirque is performing...MUCH easier parking experience than at Marketplace!

Of course, that presupposes you're interested in "doing" West Side...if the only part of Downtown Disney you're planning to visit is Marketplace, you won't save yourself a hot sweaty walk by parking at West Side...

Have fun no matter what you do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter