PB on Disney Cruise Line question - is anyone else still out there that was on the Premier Line Big Red Boat?

disykat

This person totally gets me
DH and I did Disney and the Big Red Boat for our honeymoon. Every Christmas I still smile thinking of the one story lobby with the pink raggedy Christmas tree that looked like it was left over from the 60's. (We went in 1990.) We had a great time our first time on a cruise and wouldn't trade it for anything though. Anyone else have memories?

I wasn’t on it myself, but I remember when a coworker took her kids on it. That was before I had kids myself. :)

Years later, when we were on Disney Wonder with a stop in Freeport, Bahamas, we saw the Big Red Boat at a dock there and it appeared to be all rusty and scrapped. A sad sight. I was amazed how tiny it was compared to the newer ships at that time! I had a picture somewhere, not sure I can access it right now.

My parents went multiple times and really liked it.

We then did cruises on the first two Disney ships (magic and Wonder I think) and honestly they just were not as good as far as the food options (according to them). The rooms were far superior.

I was not all that thrilled with the food myself and although the verandah was nice Id not do a cruise again.

I was on the Big Red Boat with a friend in 1988 or 1989 - I can't remember which year.

My late husband and I took our four year old son on the Big Red Boat in 1991. Took a four day cruise followed by three days at Disney World. One of the best vacations of my life. We had so much fun. I remember my son dancing with Pluto and Pluto kept patting the top of his head. 😁❤️

It's fun that others have great memories too. I am not a "fancy" person, but really was kind of amused by the state of parts of the ship. It was clean, wonderful service and food and most public areas were good, but the lobby upon entrance to the ship particularly cracked me up. After years of watching The Love Boat, it was a surprise. I was looking forward to Christmas Decorations and they were definitely time worn! We went on the Disney Wonder 10 years later and the difference was pretty notable! I enjoyed both experiences, but kind of missed the more scaled down BRB!

My parents took me when I was a little kid it was my first ever cruise. We had bought a beach towel and still use it to this day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter