PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Just wanted to share that I was able to use the Spend $60 get 20,000 points twice today. The cashier told me that it was a one time use coupon, but she scanned it anyway and it worked! She also gave me a coupon for spend $40 get 10 000 bonus points valid for July8-12

I live in Ottawa and there are $50 Disney gift card at my local Superstore. They are hard to find though, they were up high on the left side of the display with the gift cards for video games. And only on one of the display locations. Way at the back of the store by the milk/eggs. I purchased $50 in groceries and the $50 Disney gift card and redeemed $50 in points.

I've never had a problem redeeming points on an order where I'm also purchasing a gift card. I've also noticed, at our local Superstore, the self-checkouts will let you purchase gift cards as well as redeem points. I haven't gotten gutsy enough to try a purchase with only a gift card and see if it will let me redeem my points, but I've been able to redeem for purchases where the gift card amount is greater than the grocery amount. You also can't choose how many points to redeem. If you have more than your purchase amount it will default to redeeming the greatest amount of points to cover the purchase.

I've never had a problem redeeming points on an order where I'm also purchasing a gift card. I've also noticed, at our local Superstore, the self-checkouts will let you purchase gift cards as well as redeem points. I haven't gotten gutsy enough to try a purchase with only a gift card and see if it will let me redeem my points, but I've been able to redeem for purchases where the gift card amount is greater than the grocery amount. You also can't choose how many points to redeem. If you have more than your purchase amount it will default to redeeming the greatest amount of points to cover the purchase.
Just clarifying. At a self checkout, if I purchase $30 in groceries and a $50 gift card, how many points can you use? At the regular checkouts I’d only be able to use 30,000 points. I’m sure it’s the same at the self checkouts.

I just wanted to say I started a trip (pre-trip) report on the Universal boards as we leave in 7 weeks. In it I listed everything I was able to pay for using Air Miles, PC Optimum, and survey money. I'm so excited/happy at how much I was able to save, thereby cutting the cost of our trip. Without those savings, there is no way we would be going to Universal in a few weeks! Thank you to everyone for sharing all the Air Miles / PC Optimum tips!

Just clarifying. At a self checkout, if I purchase $30 in groceries and a $50 gift card, how many points can you use? At the regular checkouts I’d only be able to use 30,000 points. I’m sure it’s the same at the self checkouts.

At the self checkout it will let me use all of my points or the amount to cover the purchase. For example, if my purchase is $100 and I have 50000 points, I have to use 50000 points. If the purchase is $50 and I have more points than the purchase it won’t let me change the amount and makes me use 50000 points to cover the entire purchase. It doesn’t seem to care that I’m purchasing a gift card.

Hmmmmmmm...Seems they have a loop hole in the POS :rolleyes1 I didn't know that you could use self check out to purchase gift cards. I thought those had to be put into the POS by a cashier lol.

I rarely use the self checkout. Why would I scan my own things...I don't get a discount for using the self checkout. By not using a cashier, I am saving them money and should receive a discount for scanning my own items. That's just my thinking :flower::rolleyes: :teeth:

But this is a good piece of info on a loop hole. Now to keep it quiet, so that others don't use and and spoil it for the rest of us wanting to take advantage of this one

This has only worked for me at Superstore. The self-checkouts at Shoppers won't let me purchase gift cards.

interesting info! i was thinking about stopping in at superstore for a couple of things this week. maybe i’ll give your plan a shot :)

so just to make sure i get it: if i buy a 50$ gift card and 30$ in groceries, and i have 50,000 points on my card, i should be able to ring it all through in one transaction and redeem all my points?

interesting info! i was thinking about stopping in at superstore for a couple of things this week. maybe i’ll give your plan a shot :)

so just to make sure i get it: if i buy a 50$ gift card and 30$ in groceries, and i have 50,000 points on my card, i should be able to ring it all through in one transaction and redeem all my points?

Yep! But if you have 80000 points, it will only give you the option to redeem all of them, not just the 50000 to cover your card or 30000 to cover your groceries.

I haven't read thru everything here but I have a question about buying Disney gift cards at the Walmart self check outs. I went thru a self check out and bought a Disney giftcard and the employee working approached me and said my card won't work because it can only be paid for at a regular check out and they can't refund me. I have the receipt showing I paid for it. Anyone heard of this??

Have you checked your receipt? Generally at the bottom it will have a confirmation that it’s been activated. I haven’t had any problems with the cards I’ve purchased through the self checkout. They’ve always worked. The shoppers self checkout won’t even let me purchase the card - it gives you an error saying you have to take it to the till. I can’t imagine e it would let you go through the whole purchase process and payment and then not actually work.

I attempted to purchase a different gc (not Disney) at the self check-outs at Walmart when I was purchasing gc’s for my daughter’s teachers. When I attempted to scan the gc it gave me an error and I pushed the assistance button. The cashier working the self check-outs voided my entire order and cashed me out at her special terminal. She said that gc’s Cannot be activated/cashed out at self check-outs.

I’m not sure if this is always the case at Walmart but it was my experience a few weeks ago.

I think a warning should be posted about giftcard if they can't be purchased there. I'm taking it to WDW and hoping for the best!

I haven't read thru everything here but I have a question about buying Disney gift cards at the Walmart self check outs. I went thru a self check out and bought a Disney giftcard and the employee working approached me and said my card won't work because it can only be paid for at a regular check out and they can't refund me. I have the receipt showing I paid for it. Anyone heard of this??
I think a warning should be posted about giftcard if they can't be purchased there. I'm taking it to WDW and hoping for the best!
I wouldn’t have left the store without confirming with Customer Service that it had been activated. There isn’t a thing Disney can do when you get there if it isn’t activated. Walmart is the one with your money if the card did not activate, not Disney.

You can check the balance if a card yourself. There are instructions on the back of it on how to do this.

If it shows a zero balance I’d be heading to Walmart with my card and receipt ASAP to ensure it either gets activated or you get a refund.

I wouldn’t have left the store without confirming with Customer Service that it had been activated. There isn’t a thing Disney can do when you get there if it isn’t activated. Walmart is the one with your money if the card did not activate, not Disney.

You can check the balance if a card yourself. There are instructions on the back of it on how to do this.

If it shows a zero balance I’d be heading to Walmart with my card and receipt ASAP to ensure it either gets activated or you get a refund.

Yes - this! Don't take a chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter