Pearl tier begins May 1, 2023

n2mm

aka WALTSGIRL
Just saw this new update. Pearl begins May 1, 2023. Luckily I’m on the Fantasy when it begins. No word on the perks yet. Hinting at earlier booking window for new cruises. So hopefully some info soon. I look forward to a new gift too

Attachments

• A15B50CA-9D7E-4B21-A238-BC810344DB0B.jpeg
    A15B50CA-9D7E-4B21-A238-BC810344DB0B.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 63
Just saw this. I kind of wished they would have changed the different levels based on number of days at sea.
They could have just left everyone at the levels they were at and to reach the new level you now had to achieve the numbers of days at sea required to move up.

Just saw this. I kind of wished they would have changed the different levels based on number of days at sea.
They could have just left everyone at the levels they were at and to reach the new level you now had to achieve the numbers of days at sea required to move up.
Or a combination. Maybe 1 point for each sailing and then additional points for longer voyages.

All good ideas and fairer. I only do 7+ night cruises. I did a couple of 3 nights at the beginning just to test the waters, but decided 7 nights make me happy. I’m also not local so have to travel. Luckily a dvc member so often will have a week or two wrapped around a cruise. I’m only at 30 cruises, but had those 7 nights been 3/4 I’d be over 50. This is why I’ve not done the Wish, because it’s too short and of course the itinerary too.

All good ideas and fairer. I only do 7+ night cruises. I did a couple of 3 nights at the beginning just to test the waters, but decided 7 nights make me happy. I’m also not local so have to travel. Luckily a dvc member so often will have a week or two wrapped around a cruise. I’m only at 30 cruises, but had those 7 nights been 3/4 I’d be over 50. This is why I’ve not done the Wish, because it’s too short and of course the itinerary too.
My wife and I like 7 day cruises. I understand why people do the shorter cruises but for us it does not make sense.

I have said on the shorter cruises "just as soon as you unpack and relax it is time to pack to go home."

Some cruise lines offer an either/or which does reward those who take longer cruises plus you get more points for booking higher stateroom categories. DCL's model definitely benefits those who live in Florida the most, though! If I lived there I'd be hopping on a 3 day cruise every chance I could get hahaha

Disney never did it by days at sea so why should they change it now?
To make it more fair to guest who only take or are only able to take cruises longer than four days.

If you were able to look up the demographic of who takes 3 and 4 day cruises I think you would find a large number are Florida residents or those who can drive to the port in less than a day. Also I would guess there is also a large number who are cast members who get great cruise discounts.

I think there should be a combination of days at sea along with number of cruises, kind of like a point system someone had mentioned earlier.

If you look at the Castaway Club benefit levels on the DCL website you will see that the current level benefits do not change. Pearl is listed as a category on the benefit levels with check marks and some benefits like those based on dates listed as "coming soon"

The only thing the chart says is, that Pearl will get everything platinum gets, plus additional perks. One thing they did say was earlier booking for new itineraries and earlier booking excursions/cabanas than platinum. plus a Pearl gift. Everything else says coming soon.

I don't think there will really be any new and exciting benefits, although I hope I am wrong. It would be nice if they expanded the in-room gift options (prosecco, fruit, or chocolates currently). I do like the earlier booking times because the Platinum level has so many people now.

With so many Wish concierge rooms, it is difficult to get adult dining reservations at times, even at Platinum, with so much competition. Hopefully, Pearl status will help a little bit on there and on the Treasure.

Regardless, I still want to achieve Pearl, like many others, so DCL will accomplish what they are trying to do. More sailings booked by those of us wanting to climb up the ladder. I booked 4 cruises in the next few months - a B2B2B and added a short cruise from San Diego since I live here, and it had a great military discount. I am a sucker, but I can't beat some of the military discounts they offer and I love being at sea. Win-win.

To make it more fair to guest who only take or are only able to take cruises longer than four days.

If you were able to look up the demographic of who takes 3 and 4 day cruises I think you would find a large number are Florida residents or those who can drive to the port in less than a day. Also I would guess there is also a large number who are cast members who get great cruise discounts.

I think there should be a combination of days at sea along with number of cruises, kind of like a point system someone had mentioned earlier.

“fair” is a subjective term I totally get where your coming from but that’s how they’ve always done it. They’re not going to Chang now.

How could someone "only" be able to take longer cruises? If you have time for a 7-night cruise, you have time for a 3 or 4 night cruise. I have to fly in to cruise, but have done some 3 and 4 night cruises because as a teacher that is all I had time for at that time of year.

As a teacher, I can only cruise the short weekend cruises or else longer cruises during the holidays, which are extremely expensive. Maybe holiday cruises should get double credit, since they cost twice as much? Maybe concierge cruises should, since they also cost a lot more? Also, shorter cruises typically cost more per night than longer cruises.

The point is, there is no method that is truly fair besides dollars spent per passenger, and people don't want that because it's too much like an airline, too impersonal and blunt. So DCL does number of cruises. It's no more or less fair than days at sea. Days at sea would favor those who have the vacation time available to take longer cruises. There is no option that doesn't "unfairly" favor one group, unless DCL simply did dollars spent per passenger, which would be even more unpopular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter