• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Perks for staying onsite.

cruisin5

DIS Veteran
What are the current perks for staying onsite / DVC?

Parking
Extra morning hours
Extended evening hours for Deluxe
60+10 for ADRs
7 am ILL booking

Anything I'm missing?

Last edited:
Resort transportation. It can be very convenient to monorail to MK/EP - a 5 minute walk from your Poly room, take a boat to DS, skyliner over to Toppolinos, let your party come and go separately without excess rideshares, etc. Somebody driving to WDW may not care at all, or they may regret being designated driver if they want to have a few drinks during Harmonious or need to chauffer SIL back and forth midday after she spills a pickleshake on her dress. So it can range from invaluable to doesn’t matter personally. I’ve looked at some offsite options and they’ve never saved enough to compensate for parking fee, park parking cost, weird and sometimes costly shuttle schedules, lack of independent logistical options for our party, or abundance of rideshares… but I do see it totally making sense for other people because their circumstances certainly differ if they have a lovely timeshare nearby, stack of hotel points to burn, small party, short visit, and more..

The ability to buy G+ at midnight is open for all ticket holders, not just onsite guests.

Resort transportation. It can be very convenient to monorail to MK/EP - a 5 minute walk from your Poly room, take a boat to DS, skyliner over to Toppolinos, let your party come and go separately without excess rideshares, etc. Somebody driving to WDW may not care at all, or they may regret being designated driver if they want to have a few drinks during Harmonious or need to chauffer SIL back and forth midday after she spills a pickleshake on her dress. So it can range from invaluable to doesn’t matter personally. I’ve looked at some offsite options and they’ve never saved enough to compensate for parking fee, park parking cost, weird and sometimes costly shuttle schedules, lack of independent logistical options for our party, or abundance of rideshares… but I do see it totally making sense for other people because their circumstances certainly differ if they have a lovely timeshare nearby, stack of hotel points to burn, small party, short visit, and more..

The ability to buy G+ at midnight is open for all ticket holders, not just onsite guests.
Thanks, I'm looking for the "things" I need to review with MS when they tell me I won't have a room reservation in MDE because they can't book anything with transferred points. They assure me the "hold" is sufficient to check-in at the front desk. I don't believe them.

Thanks, I'm looking for the "things" I need to review with MS when they tell me I won't have a room reservation in MDE because they can't book anything with transferred points. They assure me the "hold" is sufficient to check-in at the front desk. I don't believe them.
Ooh I wasn’t aware of the difference with transferred points. Good luck. Hopefully it should be fine. I haven’t heard of others having issues outside of having to call to make the reservation.

If you are the one staying at BWV, you have ability to walk to two parks and many restaurants.

Hope your issue gets resolved soon.

And the dining reservations is now 60+length of stay, no longer 10. That is why split stays require you to have two windows....but, you still get an advantage!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter