• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pet Loops

Pcaldwell

Earning My Ears
I recently made reservations for next August for a week at FW - This is the first time we'll have camped there so I'm a little confused on all the ins & outs.... So if any of you experts out there could help me I'd appreciate it - I had assumed (there's my first problem) that we could find out or request a particular loop - which I was told by reservations I couldn't and 2nd - reservations informed me there are no Preferred loops (the full hook-up with cable) for Pets - is this all correct or am I not asking the right questions?

Thanks for your help!

Patti

You can request a specific loop or site and CRO should note it on the reservation, keep in mind that not all request are honored - they do try hard to honor them and most of the time it will be.

The 300 loop is a preferred loop, it also has in the past been a pet loop, for some unknown reason it is not classified as a pet loop in CRO records, Last time we visited they did still allow pets in the 300 loop.

By the way Welcome To the DIS and the Camping Board!! :D :D

Disney Campers is entirely correct, the 300 loop acording to the FW cast members IS a pet loop, but CRO does not show it as one.

You have 2 options:

1. Request a pet loop and be assured of being placed in 1600, 1700, 1800 or 1900

2. Request a preferred loop and don't tell them about the pet, just request 300 loop. When you arrive tell the reception post cm that you need 300 because of a pet.

The downside is what happens if 300 is full? You may still end up in the 1600- 1900 loops.

I for one like the 1900 loop, very quiet. The addition of cable is not a high priority for us.

I ended up making the reservation for the preferred loop (requested 300) without mentioning the dog, then called *directly* to Ft. W. (not reservations/CRO) about three days in advance and explained the situation. Had no problem, and there were actually about eight empty sites in the 300 loop when we were there Aug. 4-13. I do wish they would make this "official", though...
Terri the Yoopermom

Originally posted by yoopermom
I ended up making the reservation for the preferred loop (requested 300) without mentioning the dog, then called *directly* to Ft. W. (not reservations/CRO) about three days in advance and explained the situation. Had no problem, and there were actually about eight empty sites in the 300 loop when we were there Aug. 4-13. I do wish they would make this "official", though...
Terri the Yoopermom

I agree, making this "Official" and getting it in writing to CRO would help a lot

I also like to say that calling about three days before you go will insure that you're in the 300 ring, which is preferred/pet regardless of what they're saying now. I did this just this past May and it worked just fine.

Originally posted by Jackalope
I also like to say that calling about three days before you go will insure that you're in the 300 ring, which is preferred/pet regardless of what they're saying now. I did this just this past May and it worked just fine.

Be sure to call directly to FW, not CRO. CRO will continuue to give your the "no pets in 300" story.

Thanks for you suggestions - I think I'll just call FW directly - I'm a bit nervous to not request a Pet look - and then hope they will allow them in the 300 loop - this will be a 2 week vacation for us - so I don't want to get there and need to kennel the dogs... But I will try to call FW directly and go from there

Patti

Originally posted by tim5055

Be sure to call directly to FW, not CRO. CRO will continuue to give your the "no pets in 300" story.

I agree. It is important that you call FW directly. Have a great time!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter