• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pete thinks Fall Discounts will be released in the not so distant future....

If they are gonna put put discounts for the Fall, they better do it soon. Most people have to plan way ahead to get off work, especially now with the date based tickets. Is Disney banking on some sort of last minute surge on bookings?! I can't see how, prices are up and anyone who want to be the first in SWGE has booked long ago... I nailed down the cheapest rate I could find for Thanksgiving months ago at the All Stars for an adults only trip... Maybe Disney is afraid of cannibalizing their rack rate sales?

I hear people keep saying now "that people will push back their vacations for SWGE Rise of Resistance'. I think that's bologna. Disney is all about advance planning and we spend so much time and effort booking the resort, ADRs, fast passes, plus work and school schedules. There is NO WAY I am adjusting my vacation because a land or ride opened that I cannot even get a fast pass for. That makes me want to avoid that park at all costs. We are planning a trip the first week of December and was oddly having difficulty with availability around this time. When they announced this yesterday I know why now- and it made me think 'Ugghhhh'. Disney has been jacking with their availability in anticipation of this. We always stay deluxe and I refuse to pay rack rate for those rooms. Not worth it.

Disney has been jacking with their availability in anticipation of this.

I know, people were looking for rooms the first week in December & finding nothing but the most expensive room at Cooper Creek available. All of a sudden there are rooms at several deluxe resorts for that week. Coincidence or strategic planning by Disney? I have always said Disney does not hold back rooms, but this just seems kind of suspicious.

I know, people were looking for rooms the first week in December & finding nothing but the most expensive room at Cooper Creek available. All of a sudden there are rooms at several deluxe resorts for that week. Coincidence or strategic planning by Disney? I have always said Disney does not hold back rooms, but this just seems kind of suspicious.

I believe they absolutely manipulate availability. When you think about it, if you have resorts that are undersold and other resorts with more reservations, it would make sense to manipulate availability to spread the crowd across the various resorts. Don't they already manipulate wait times, and such? It also forces you to look at alternate time periods that may be undersold to even out the crowds. I could be totally off base here, but I'm a skeptic by nature. LOL Also, in my opinion,considering there are no discounts for fall yet, people are probably not looking at Deluxe resorts. My family ALWAYS stays deluxe, but have a moderate room booked because I refuse to pay rack rate, i'm not even sure I will pay rack rate for moderate, it's wait and see for us right now if we end up going.

I hear people keep saying now "that people will push back their vacations for SWGE Rise of Resistance'. I think that's bologna. Disney is all about advance planning and we spend so much time and effort booking the resort, ADRs, fast passes, plus work and school schedules. There is NO WAY I am adjusting my vacation because a land or ride opened that I cannot even get a fast pass for. That makes me want to avoid that park at all costs. We are planning a trip the first week of December and was oddly having difficulty with availability around this time. When they announced this yesterday I know why now- and it made me think 'Ugghhhh'. Disney has been jacking with their availability in anticipation of this. We always stay deluxe and I refuse to pay rack rate for those rooms. Not worth it.

I think there are two groups of people. Those that are taking Disney vacations and those who are going for SWGE. If I was only going for SWGE I would move my dates. The people taking Disney vacations will still go and not care either way about SWGE. I think Disney was counting on a lot of SWGE people and I am not sure those crowds have materialized.

We also stay deluxe and won't pay rack rates. Discounts need to come out soon or the value of a Disney vacation is not there for us.

I know the party line is that they don’t hold back rooms but I’m sure they do manipulate them in some manner. Take the fact that there are posts all over these boards about there being zero availability for early December and how odd that was . Then Rise of the Resistance gets announced and “Ta-da!” , all these Deluxe rooms become available . They capitalize on and monetize eveything , why would the rooms be different ?

As far as discounts , I believe they are coming ( they aren’t even late really ) soon. Only they know how many rooms they need to fill , but it would appear there is still a lot of open rooms for the Fall.

If they are gonna put put discounts for the Fall, they better do it soon. Most people have to plan way ahead to get off work, especially now with the date based tickets. Is Disney banking on some sort of last minute surge on bookings?! I can't see how, prices are up and anyone who want to be the first in SWGE has booked long ago... I nailed down the cheapest rate I could find for Thanksgiving months ago at the All Stars for an adults only trip... Maybe Disney is afraid of cannibalizing their rack rate sales?
Last minute surge? Yes, they were. But that pigeon came home to roast when the final expected surge at Disneyland didn’t happen after the 4th. (They’ll come when we open SWGE. They didn’t. After the reservation period ends. Nope. After 4th of July. Nope) On Wed hiring freezes and immediate cost cutbacks for all departments Resort wide were instituted and someone on the Disneyland side of the board at the time said they know a CM manager in CA who says Disney is now anticipating the same thing for WDW this fall. Now I’m expecting fall discounts to drop next week.

Last minute surge? Yes, they were. But that pigeon came home to roast when the final expected surge at Disneyland didn’t happen after the 4th. (They’ll come when we open SWGE. They didn’t. After the reservation period ends. Nope. After 4th of July. Nope) On Wed hiring freezes and immediate cost cutbacks for all departments Resort wide were instituted and someone on the Disneyland side of the board at the time said they know a CM manager in CA who says Disney is now anticipating the same thing for WDW this fall. Now I’m expecting fall discounts to drop next week.

I guess when you get greedy and jack the prices way up, people really don't come in droves :charac2:.... bring on the discounts! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Following along. Would everyone recommend I check this forum daily for news? I want to be able to jump on something as soon as a discount is released :-). Also, how do I set up email alerts so I don't miss anything?

Following along. Would everyone recommend I check this forum daily for news? I want to be able to jump on something as soon as a discount is released :-). Also, how do I set up email alerts so I don't miss anything?
It's said they are generally released 7am on Tuesdays. Personally I would check this forum daily, we don't have a single thread on this topic right now so email alerts won't really help but the forum page will blow up so to speak once discounts come out.

If you want to watch this specific thread and get emails scroll to the top and click "watch" on the right under the title.

I believe they absolutely manipulate availability. When you think about it, if you have resorts that are undersold and other resorts with more reservations, it would make sense to manipulate availability to spread the crowd across the various resorts. Don't they already manipulate wait times, and such? It also forces you to look at alternate time periods that may be undersold to even out the crowds. I could be totally off base here, but I'm a skeptic by nature. LOL Also, in my opinion,considering there are no discounts for fall yet, people are probably not looking at Deluxe resorts. My family ALWAYS stays deluxe, but have a moderate room booked because I refuse to pay rack rate, i'm not even sure I will pay rack rate for moderate, it's wait and see for us right now if we end up going.
You sound very much like us. And they definitely manipulate availability to maximize revenue. I often see that if I want to book 2 nights, there is no availability. If I make it 5 nights, rooms magically open, including the two nights that were previously unavailable. Or switch to arriving mid-week instead of a Friday. When they changed their reservation system so that you cannot just add or drop nights from your reservation, and instead made it so that the entire new reservation has to be available, (even if the new dates were included in your original dates), it was to maximize revenue.

I know the party line is that they don’t hold back rooms but I’m sure they do manipulate them in some manner. Take the fact that there are posts all over these boards about there being zero availability for early December and how odd that was . Then Rise of the Resistance gets announced and “Ta-da!” , all these Deluxe rooms become available . They capitalize on and monetize eveything , why would the rooms be different ?

As far as discounts , I believe they are coming ( they aren’t even late really ) soon. Only they know how many rooms they need to fill , but it would appear there is still a lot of open rooms for the Fall.
But what would be the point of holding back rooms? If they could have booked those deluxe rooms ahead of the ROTR announcement, why wouldn’t they?

But what would be the point of holding back rooms? If they could have booked those deluxe rooms ahead of the ROTR announcement, why wouldn’t they?

That’s always been my thought too. It is just very strange that as soon as ROTR was announced, more rooms opened up. I’m wondering if they held back rooms for media or vloggers. I was even beginning to think they might come out with a Star Wars package..... a jacked up room & ticket package with guaranteed GE & ride access.

Another thing to consider is that many people who were gung ho for Star Wars (this includes me) booked several sets of reservations with the intention of only keeping one. I think they are afraid of the optics... "Its gonna be packed, its gonna be crazy!" and then they have to yield the rates for the fall. I don't think the slow demand has all that much to do with SWGE opening, and more to do with Disney finally hitting peoples price ceiling and shattering it. People that used to go to Deluxes regularly bought into DVC to save money. (Who can actually afford a true rack rate at a deluxe these days?) The internet has turned everyone else into bargain hunters...from renting others points, to waiting on Disney discounts to travel sites like Orbitz... Disney can blame themselves for being greedy, people are shrewd consumers these days.

I would sure love to see this topic discussed on a future DisUnplugged episode! would love to hear Pete's thoughts.

We also stay deluxe and won't pay rack rates. Discounts need to come out soon or the value of a Disney vacation is not there for us.

They have raised rates so much in the last 2 - 3 years, a discount now is more than rack rate was a few years ago. Crazy, what they have us paying as long as it is labeled a discount.

Thanks for posting this. I haven’t followed the DL situation very closely, just that crowds were lower than anticipated.

We are a couple in our early 60s & have made multiple trips per year for the last 20 years. We have APs & stay deluxe club level usually. Between the outrageous price increases & the ever increasing crowds, I can see us pulling back on our trips going forward. We have a good income, but it sure hasn’t kept up with the pace of Disney price increases. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next few months.

That’s always been my thought too. It is just very strange that as soon as ROTR was announced, more rooms opened up. I’m wondering if they held back rooms for media or vloggers. I was even beginning to think they might come out with a Star Wars package..... a jacked up room & ticket package with guaranteed GE & ride access.
Personally I don't think Disney plays with availability. I think it's very likely people with trips planned went "oh HECK no to SW crowds I'll take that deposit back thank you very much" and bailed because the whole reason to go in early Dec is for light crowds (if you're not in Pop Warner). As for other availability in the fall that we might see opening it could be similar to @Future_WorldPhonencian situation where SW fans had multiple bookings to hedge their bets on being there for when the premier ride opens.

It's said they are generally released 7am on Tuesdays. Personally I would check this forum daily, we don't have a single thread on this topic right now so email alerts won't really help but the forum page will blow up so to speak once discounts come out.

If you want to watch this specific thread and get emails scroll to the top and click "watch" on the right under the title.

Thank you. I'll just be sure to check in every morning when I get to work lol. For some reason, I am "watching" the thread, but still don't get emails :-(.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter