• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pete thinks Fall Discounts will be released in the not so distant future....

For passholders and members of the military. I'm out of luck but hope some in those particular groups land some discounts!

I bet the discounts will drop soon. I was checking out the first week of December and it says no availability almost anywhere. Made me think that they don't want folks to book at "today's rate" so they can base the discount on a higher rate.

I thought rack rates were published and couldn’t change? That is frustrating.

You sound very much like us. And they definitely manipulate availability to maximize revenue. I often see that if I want to book 2 nights, there is no availability. If I make it 5 nights, rooms magically open, including the two nights that were previously unavailable. Or switch to arriving mid-week instead of a Friday. When they changed their reservation system so that you cannot just add or drop nights from your reservation, and instead made it so that the entire new reservation has to be available, (even if the new dates were included in your original dates), it was to maximize revenue.

I have noticed this with the changing of my arrival day. I think I’m getter no tired of Disney and we are only coming up on our 3rd trip

May I ask where you are even seeing this? I am logged in as a passholer and see nothing but the same old offers. Thanks in advance!
I don’t know where anyone is getting the passholder thing from but what they are seeing is if you click on the “Places to Stay” tab there are a number of offers featured and one of them is “FL Resident Fall and Holiday Room Offer.” It is not listed on the offer page and if you click on it it takes you to an error page 416902

So does this mean general public discounts won’t be released or do they generally stagger discounts? I’m not a Florida resident or military.

So does this mean general public discounts won’t be released or do they generally stagger discounts? I’m not a Florida resident or military.

Discounts are usually staggered. I don't see the FL resident discount listed anymore under Featured Items. Looks like they pulled it back.

Last edited:
Mine shows a 25% off offer where yours has the fall offer and when I click it it takes me to the same old summer offers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter