Peter pans flight mk

When we took our son as a baby, he loved it. I don't think its worth a long wait, but he just liked all the things around him. He also liked other rides though so I wouldn't wait an hour for it.

I agree it is not worth waiting an hour+ for. I'd like to ride it 3-4 times per trip as we only make it to WDW every couple years, and it's always disappointing checking the wait time 5 or 10 different times throughout our trip and having to put it off every time due to long wait times. We had a trip where we only rode it once due to waits, and once in 5 years is far too little for me!

We had success, during our last trip, riding it during fireworks. Wait was only about 10 mins (literally the shortest I've EVER seen it), and we got to see the new queue, which, I agree, is neat.

I always FP Peter Pan usually more than once a trip.
It’s my son’s favorite and I love it too. Flying over London is pure Disney magic!

It’s one of my favourites, we fast pass it, but having said that when we fp it last year I wasn’t aware they had changed the queue so this time we will have to do the full line bit.

It is our MK rope drop ride. DW likes gentle, 'flying' rides. I guess we are just old fashioned but we still like the classic rides.

Last year we were able to get a 4th FP for it.
This year the plan is to rope drop it as I want to see the interactive queue.
It's a cute classic ride but definitely not worth a long wait.

It is an original WDW ride with a huge amount of nostalgia. Due in part to its age it is a very slow loading ride. It gets a FP for me at least once a trip, maybe several times. It's one of those attractions that MK just wouldn't be the same without.

For me it's along the same lines as "it's a small world". There's nostalgia for the older guests and a "magical" factor for very small children.

My kids are teenagers now, but I vividly remember their little faces lighting up-- eyes wide and mouths open-- just looking in wonder at the details on these attractions.

We still enjoy riding and usually hit PP once at ripe drop. But I would never wait in a long line for it. (I have seen crazy long posted wait times.)

It's not worth more than a 20 min wait. I'd either get a fp, or ride 1st thing in the morning or right before close. It's cute and a classic but there are much better things to use my time on.

As other posters have said, it is just a classic and for me personally it is nostalgic. I remember riding it as a little girl in 1980, and I remember taking my DSs on it on their first trip in 2005. It is now nostalgic for them too. We have ridden it on every trip since. For me, I love the black light effect, flying over London, and seeing the story of PP before my very eyes. As another poster said, it just touches the sweet part of my heart that makes Disney magical.

All of that being said, if I didn't have the emotional attachment to the ride I am not sure if it would be worth the FP+ or the extra long wait in line. By best advice is to find your own personal nostalgia, your own Disney magic, and to build your own memories and traditions. If you think that includes PP, go for it. If it doesn't, then have fun finding your own magic!

I am now rethinking my fast pass choice for this one. My child has no connection to Peter Pan and I don't remember this ride from being a kid.
Maybe space mountain for the grown ups instead? I never got a chance to ride that as a kid. First too small and then it was closed.

We rode it for the first time this year during early magic hours and I’m glad we did. I didn’t really like anything about the ride except for the fact that I got to sit in a boat. Nothing about the ride was impressive to me and I would never waste a FP on it.

I think ET at Universal does a better job with the whole flying over the city aspect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter