Pfizer vaccine approved for kids 5-11

It’s the Ewa Beach location - only a few miles from the resort. I’m driving farther than that to get kiddo his first dose this Saturday! I hope you’re able to get your kids in!
Lorenni - Can you keep me posted re your experience getting dose 2 at the Ewa Beach Walgreens on the 18th. We are booked in there for the kiddos for dose 2 when we land on the 27th. I’ve love to have some feedback from someone with first hand experience!

Has anyone returned yet with a fully vaccinated 5-11 year old yet? We’re considering going somewhere warm since it’s online school anyway and doing it from there.

Have second dose appointments booked for the 8 week mark but could move up a couple weeks so they’d be fully vaccinated by the time we return.

Just looking for others’ experiences as not much has been shared about it since that age is just starting to get their second doses.

Has anyone in Ontario had any luck getting their kids a shot before they turn 5? The website says if you were born in 2017 you can schedule it, but my sons appointment just got cancelled, and when we called, they said he had to be 5.

Has anyone returned yet with a fully vaccinated 5-11 year old yet? We’re considering going somewhere warm since it’s online school anyway and doing it from there.

Have second dose appointments booked for the 8 week mark but could move up a couple weeks so they’d be fully vaccinated by the time we return.

Just looking for others’ experiences as not much has been shared about it since that age is just starting to get their second doses.
We return Saturday so I’ll post back!

Has anyone in Ontario had any luck getting their kids a shot before they turn 5? The website says if you were born in 2017 you can schedule it, but my sons appointment just got cancelled, and when we called, they said he had to be 5.

I understand they have "cracked down" on this and are no longer giving them before the actual birthday. Not sure why (possibly due to shortages?). You may have luck at a drop in clinic but appointments won't be possible sadly.

I understand they have "cracked down" on this and are no longer giving them before the actual birthday. Not sure why (possibly due to shortages?). You may have luck at a drop in clinic but appointments won't be possible sadly.
We did some googling and called pharmacies, and it sounds like they’ve changed the rules, but haven’t updated the website yet.
I don’t know if it’s due to shortages, since there are lots of appointments available locally. I hope they switch it back soon though, since I haven’t heard anything promising for the under 5 group

Thank you! Enjoy your last couple of days.
Well it seems like the CBSA agents are tired of policing this stuff. I explained to the agent I gave my NEXUS receipt to that I couldn’t upload my fully vaxxed 5-11 year olds QR codes. She explain that it didn’t matter for being randomly selected for testing (which was not my concern), she put a couple of red marks and numbers on the receipt but didn’t specifically say whether or not we were to get tested, and when I handed it to the next agent at the exit, he initially said “go ahead”, but then he said “Oh wait, two kids need to get tested?”. I explained that she hadn’t told me that, and told him about my inability to upload the kids QR codes, and he said ok that’s fine just go through to the left. It looked like a pretty long testing line at the right so I’m glad we didn’t have to do it!

I saw just now that someone on Facebook posted a workaround to upload the kids QR codes: I edited their birth year to 2009. Uploaded the vax record then re-edited the birth year back to the right one. We just came through the border tonight and there was no problem with this.

Well it seems like the CBSA agents are tired of policing this stuff. I explained to the agent I gave my NEXUS receipt to that I couldn’t upload my fully vaxxed 5-11 year olds QR codes. She explain that it didn’t matter for being randomly selected for testing (which was not my concern), she put a couple of red marks and numbers on the receipt but didn’t specifically say whether or not we were to get tested, and when I handed it to the next agent at the exit, he initially said “go ahead”, but then he said “Oh wait, two kids need to get tested?”. I explained that she hadn’t told me that, and told him about my inability to upload the kids QR codes, and he said ok that’s fine just go through to the left. It looked like a pretty long testing line at the right so I’m glad we didn’t have to do it!

I saw just now that someone on Facebook posted a workaround to upload the kids QR codes: I edited their birth year to 2009. Uploaded the vax record then re-edited the birth year back to the right one. We just came through the border tonight and there was no problem with this.
Wow!! Thank you so much for this!!! I have been beating my head against a wall for the last 2’days trying to figure out a way to make this work. Just tried the birth year work around, and it worked great! Thank you for sharing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter