Photo pass "must take" shots

I do photopass completely different than I do attractions. For attractions we got for quality over quantity. For my pictures, we take as many we as we can. It's a very small time investment and you never know when you get the perfect picture.

Most of my favorite pics were unplanned (some photopass and some with our camera) but were they nowhere close to the only pics. If I don't have 300+ photopass pics on my memory maker when we get home, something went wrong, lol

I love your photos.

I've yet to do this at WDW but I bought at MM for a Disneyland 3 day trip and anytime we saw a free photographer or one with a short queue we got a picture. Including ride photos I have almost 250. 100% worth the $69 odd I paid a few years back (for Disneyland Resort).

I have MM for this trip, luckily I got it free with my stay. If I can do 250 in 3 days I wonder what I'll have for a 14 night trip with almost all of those days at Disney :rotfl2: Even if you pay I think its really good value, you get to edit them with magical backgrounds and you have a back up of key places/moments should anything happen to your camera. I think it worked out $14 a photo individually in the park so I only had to take 5 pics to get my moneys worth on my Disneyland trip. And a quick google says $149 for Disney World so 11 photos or more and you save money.

Also thank you to everyone for the input on locations, making notes on places to get pictures at when I go. :-)

Many years ago it was easy to tell if a photographer did Magic Shots because they used a tripod I thought I recently read that they no longer use them. Is this true? Do they have a different colored vest, how do we know who's who? Anyone have any current info they can share? Thank you.
from our latest trip, none of the photographers who did magic shots for us used a tripod.

from our latest trip, none of the photographers who did magic shots for us used a tripod.

Did they wear something different like was their vest a different color from a regular photographer? Thank you so much I really appreciate your time.

The one issue we had with MM was that the photographers often only took 1-2 photos of us. In many of the photos of our extended family (a group of 12), we wouldn't have a good shot of everyone. I don't mind using photoshop to pull faces in from different photos, but sometimes I couldn't even piece together a presentable picture of everyone with the minimal photos taken.

For photos that you know would be important to you (e.g. your family in front of the castle), I think I'd ask the photographer to take a few extra photos. That's what we'll plan to do next time.

Has anyone had experience asking them to take more photos/are they ok with it?

Did they wear something different like was their vest a different color from a regular photographer? Thank you so much I really appreciate your time.
no, they looked the same. we just asked if they could do any magic shots and many of them said yes.

The one issue we had with MM was that the photographers often only took 1-2 photos of us. In many of the photos of our extended family (a group of 12), we wouldn't have a good shot of everyone. I don't mind using photoshop to pull faces in from different photos, but sometimes I couldn't even piece together a presentable picture of everyone with the minimal photos taken.

For photos that you know would be important to you (e.g. your family in front of the castle), I think I'd ask the photographer to take a few extra photos. That's what we'll plan to do next time.

Has anyone had experience asking them to take more photos/are they ok with it?

I've had no issues. If it's not crowded I'll have individual photos taken too.:upsidedow

The new Tangled shot in MK is amazing! I haven't been able to go yet, but I'm sure someone has one they can post.

It is!

IMG_2981.JPG
IMG_2982.JPG

I've had no issues. If it's not crowded I'll have individual photos taken too.:upsidedow

I agree. I think, on average, we had anywhere from 5-15 pictures per photographer. Don't be afraid to ask for a couple more shots! Most of them were more than happy to take them :)

@mlee.sunny Absolutely Georgious!!! Originally this photo was going to run for a limited time but the public response was so overwhelming Disney agreed to keep it up. I hope it's still available when we get there. Thank you so much for sharing!:flower3:

@mlee.sunny Absolutely Georgious!!! Originally this photo was going to run for a limited time but the public response was so overwhelming Disney agreed to keep it up. I hope it's still available when we get there. Thank you so much for sharing!:flower3:

Thank you! We sprinted after Wishes and waited about 30 minutes for the picture. The line was crazy long after we got in line. Hope you get your pics!

Animal Kingdom - Pandora
PhotoPass photographer in front of the floating mountains during daylight hours, you’ll have the opportunity to include a banshee in your photo:
upload_2017-6-9_10-58-56.png

In the evening, PhotoPass photographers can capture a woodsprite floating into your photos in both a Magic Shot and Animated Magic Shot:
upload_2017-6-9_11-0-4.png

Remember, Animated Magic Shots can only be downloaded as part of an active Memory Maker entitlement.

One of the ideas I read on here is on Main Street to find a time when the people selling balloons are out and then get them in your back drop. We did this on a day when it was just a beautiful day and the colors were gorgeous! Hit or miss though. Also in France in Epcot the pics are in front of the gardens and pretty. Lastly just echoing the frame in front of the tree of life - also some of out best pics!

Take advantage of character shots if you visit characters! We met a lot of characters on my last vacation and found that the photopass photographers will take candids as you meet the characters, including hugs and any other cute interactions you have. We like to take selfies with the characters and we got amazing shots from the photopass photographer of us taking selfies with them. They also know how to pose you with different characters.

Pirates of the Caribbean at the Magic Kingdom will soon begin offering on-ride photo capture.

Beginning June 19, the PhotoPass service will snap a photo just before you take the plunge down the ride's flume.

Like other on-ride PhotoPass, you will need to be wearing a MagicBand, and the photo will be automatically linked to your My Disney Experience account. Once there, the image can be purchased, or those with Memory maker, it will be available for download.

upload_2017-6-15_17-18-22.png

This looks really nice as long as everyone is in a good place like these folks! YMMVo_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter