Photo Sharing: Canon

Status
Not open for further replies.
This little guy was a fairly new arrival at one of our local zoos last year. Not the best picture as they are behind mesh (grrrrrrrrrr ;) ) and its a bummer trying to get a clear shot without the mesh blur!

tc5.jpg

tc3.jpg

obviously taken by a blatant "picture taker" since they were all laying down "sleeping" when i first got to their exhibit areas ;) :rotfl2:
this one made me laugh since he has that surprised but guilty "who me? what'd i do ?" look
p58225008-4.jpg

p66737837-4.jpg

ps , someone asked about monopods recently..i used one on the tiger shot and even though it's my best lens at 126mm, 160 and f7, it still is i think sharper than it would have been had i just hand held as the 100% crop in the lightroom sharpening window is pretty sharp still ...it was closed and i rested it on a fence but imo it gives the extra edge ( especially when you are shaking due to the cold ;))

Wow great wildlife shots everybody!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. :thumbsup2

Wow. I am in awe of the talent here. I am a total amateur....I have an Xsi which I adore, but I am in over my head. I will show one of my best efforts....

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/lisaandmark77/IMG_1024.jpg

My miserable dog. ;) This was taken last summer right after I got the Xsi. That porch is buried in snow right now. :rolleyes:

I look forward to lurking on this board and learning some good tricks for our upcoming WDW trip. We have plenty of lenses and now I need to learn how to use them properly.

ok....i can't seem to get the actual image to appear in my post instead of a link. is there a site that is better than photobucket? what am I goofing up here?

ok....i can't seem to get the actual image to appear in my post instead of a link. is there a site that is better than photobucket? what am I goofing up here?

You just didnt add the tags (easy way is to click on the little "postcard" icon on the post thread menu bar and paste in the link to your photo. Allow me....

[IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/lisaandmark77/IMG_1024.jpg

What a beautiful dog!

Mine for today...baby gorilla, again a new arrival at our local wildlife park!

gor1.jpg

Ok, I'll play!!!!

This was taken with my S3. It's my dog Griffey in my back pasture chasing grasshoppers.

griffey-2.jpg

Some blue ice on Minnesotas North Shore/Lake Superior:

Playing around with some borders in Photoshop for today's shot... Flat Iron Building NYC.

flatironborder2.jpg

Here's my boy Timmy wishing he could get outside and get the birds...

9nov3.jpg

Some blue ice on Minnesotas North Shore/Lake Superior:

i saw another photo of that on a glacier someplace really cold( forget where) is it blue due the temps or something with the water itself or what?

i saw another photo of that on a glacier someplace really cold( forget where) is it blue due the temps or something with the water itself or what?

I'm not sure what makes it blue. I had just seen a special on the blue glaciers too, and the ones they showed were all in the oceans, my shot was taken in Northern Minnesota. I was pleasantly surprised to spot this on my drive up to the lighthouse in this next picture. In my blue ice shot, the ice was only built up maybe 3-feet. I just crouched down low to get a better shot of it. This one is the Split Rock lighthouse.

I just looked up the reasons for the blue ice. Below is what I found:

Glacier ice is often a deep blue color. This is because of how the sunlight passes through the ice and what happens to the sunlight. Sunlight looks white. The light is really made up of all the colors of the rainbow. Each of the sun's colors have different amounts of energy in them. When the sunlight tries to go through the solid glacier ice crystals the sun gets broken up into lots of colors. Red and yellow have very little energy and the thick ice soaks up the red light more than it soaks up the blue light. The blue light has enough extra energy to get away from the solid ice crystals without getting absorbed or soaked up. This is why the only color people see is the blue color that escaped. The blue light has enough energy to escape the ice so that you can see it. That is why glacial ice is often a deep blue color.

Some glaciers do not look blue to people. If the glacier has a lot of air bubbles inside the ice crystals, the white sunlight gets reflected not soaked up. If the sunlight can get through the ice without all the rainbow colors getting scattered and soaked up, the ice will look white.

I'm not sure what makes it blue. I had just seen a special on the blue glaciers too, and the ones they showed were all in the oceans, my shot was taken in Northern Minnesota. I was pleasantly surprised to spot this on my drive up to the lighthouse in this next picture. In my blue ice shot, the ice was only built up maybe 3-feet. I just crouched down low to get a better shot of it. This one is the Split Rock lighthouse.

i missed the special, some friends of ours went somewhere ( they take very exotic vacations :rotfl: )and had it in their photos
very cool (no pun intended) lighthouse shot, frigid conditions are at least good for interesting shots:)
thanks for the explanation, must be kind of like polar bear fur since i think that is clear as well but looks white cause it's hollow( if i remember right which is always 50/50 with me;))

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter