Photo Sharing: Landscapes, Seascapes, and more

_DSC3811ed-XL.jpg

I've done several rafting trips including 2 five day ones plus 9 days in a canoe in Maine and 7 days in the Boundary Waters but have always wanted to do a GC trip. Was this a family trip?
It was just my wife and I (plus 4 oarsmen, 3 baggage boats, 2 assistants and 13 other guests. It was 17 days. It was an amazing experience.

Watch our video A Grand Canyon Dory Story if you want to see what it was like. We made it with a young lady that was on the trip. She did the narration and we supplied the video and did the editing. She does a good job of telling the story.

If you go, I recommend dories over rafts. I strongly recommend going earlier or late in the year because the weather is better and they don't allow motorboat trips. You'll also get the best guides because the most senior guides can pick their trips and they pick the non-summer trips.

Surprisingly, I was the 2nd youngest passenger on the trip. The narrator in the video was in her early 20s. I turned 57 on the trip. All of the other passengers were older.

It was just my wife and I (plus 4 oarsmen, 3 baggage boats, 2 assistants and 13 other guests. It was 17 days. It was an amazing experience.

Watch our video A Grand Canyon Dory Story if you want to see what it was like. We made it with a young lady that was on the trip. She did the narration and we supplied the video and did the editing. She does a good job of telling the story.

If you go, I recommend dories over rafts. I strongly recommend going earlier or late in the year because the weather is better and they don't allow motorboat trips. You'll also get the best guides because the most senior guides can pick their trips and they pick the non-summer trips.

Surprisingly, I was the 2nd youngest passenger on the trip. The narrator in the video was in her early 20s. I turned 57 on the trip. All of the other passengers were older.
That's great info. I still hope to get there someday. And I will read your TR with great interest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter