Photos of SSR or OKW at Christmas

dsneygirl

<font color=blue>My little pirate is here<br><font
I've seen WL and BC all done up for Xmas but just booked us for SSR 12/10-12/13 adn waitlisted for OKW. Anyone have any pics to share?

I would love to see the photos for SSR...we'll be there 12/18 - 12/25.

Thanks for the pix CRSNDSNY! We'll be at SSR Dec 3-10, I'd love to see more if anyone has any. :) All of us going this year should take lots of pix!! :)

OKW isn't decorated much by DIsney during the holidays, compared to other resorts. However, it has, by far, the most "guest decorated" accomodations. I was there over the holiday season last year, and it was so nice to see all the windows and balconies that had been decorated by the guests. Gave it such a homey look!

Mel...thanks for the photos! I am looking forward to seeing SSR...it will be our first trip home!

BTW...your little angel is getting bigger and bigger...love the smile!!

momsgoofy said:
Mel...thanks for the photos! I am looking forward to seeing SSR...it will be our first trip home!

BTW...your little angel is getting bigger and bigger...love the smile!!
Thanks Laura! She's doing really well -- eating and growing like crazy!!! :)

You will love SSR -- it is a beautiful resort!

Simba's Mom said:
OKW isn't decorated much by DIsney during the holidays, compared to other resorts.

I disagree. At an OKW annual meeting several years ago a member brought this subject up. She was disappointed that OKW was not decorated for Christmas. My husband & I went back to OKW & looked around the resort. there were lots of Christmas decorations. For example, in the lobby were a couple of decorated trees. Plus there was roping with Christmas decorations in the lobby & outside along the check-in building & the one with Olivia's & the shop. I think because the OKW Christmas colors are more subdued & not bright reds, greens, etc. that they tend to get overlooked.

I always like the roping and ornaments on the light poles over the bridge too. It is great how so many folks light up their balcony during the holidays! Last year, we strung lights on the balcony, and even though we wont be arriving until 12/31 this year, I think we will do that again, since it will be our family holiday. Since our DS moved to Texas, we are having our family Christmas celebration on New Years.

I want to take some things with us this year to decorate our balcony at SSR . Do you all use those suction cup hooks to hang things with (obviously - I wont be nailing anything). What else do you take?

:grouphug:
lllovell said:
I want to take some things with us this year to decorate our balcony at SSR . Do you all use those suction cup hooks to hang things with (obviously - I wont be nailing anything). What else do you take?

Oh, yeah, I would like to know that answer, too! I'm planning to take a small tree with lights and decorations for our one bedroom villa. I'm thinking of using the Home Depot Mickey head paint chips to make some very inexpensive Disney themed, non-breakable ornaments. Also, I plan to take some stockings..either buying Disney themed ones or making my own...just depends upon time. But I want to put lights on the balcony and wasn't sure how to keep them up there. If anyone has ideas on how to or any other great Christmas decorating tips let us know...

Thanks!

I've only ever decorated at OKW, but I've just wrapped the light strands around the railing - in and out, in and out, etc.

It's always worked fine for me!

Have a great time!

last year we put lights on our balcony at OKW 2 BR. We left them up when we left not sure if housekeeping took them down but DH said maybe the next group would like them. I agreed I hope they left them up

That's what we did too, and we used a bit of duct tape to hold the end to the railing. Unfortunately, our room couldn't be seen from any part of the resort, because it was a woods/golf course view! :teeth:

Thanks everyone! I was leaning toward the looping around the railing and a bit of duck tape...if I can find those small rolls I've read about. Hey, anyone have a Disney store nearby? The nearest for me is 2 hours and a bit...just curious if they have their Christmas decor out yet. Thanks!

I used a velcro tape by 3-M. It was great for holding up lights, garland, etc. without damaging the railings. Don't forget an extension cord!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter