Pick My February 2024 Park Days For Me

Jack Kerouac

DIS Veteran
My wife and I are surprising our three boys (8,6,3) with a long weekend at WDW from 2/2-2/5 as we want to escape the Chicago cold and get a little extra out of our APs. We are staying at SSR. We will also be back at WDW from 5/28-6/5 (8 nights, but we’ll be in the parks on both travel days, so that’s 10 days in the parks) so we can make up things we miss in February.

My wife’s birthday is 1/31 and she wanted to hit WDW around her birthday. Our oldest’s birthday is 2/15, but I’m not going to say it’s for his birthday, as you have to do for the others what you do for one. And the others don’t have great birthdays for traveling to WDW.

We currently have the following schedule:
2/2: Arrive around 1pm and visit MK (it’s our favorite park)
2/3: DHS until later afternoon and then over to EPCOT for dinner and some rides (DHS is the older boys favorite park)
2/4: MK
2/5: Departure Day

The crux of my issue is my wife likes EPCOT (second fave park to MK) but it’s probably lowest on the list for the boys (and mine possibly, but that’s due to the construction in August), we haven’t been on Test Track, Mission: SPACE, or Guardians. The two older boys love Everest and FoP at AK and SM at MK. All three love ToT, SDD, BTMRR, and Soarin’. Well, the youngest wasn’t sure about ToT, but decided he liked it afterwards.

Our oldest will be eligible for DAS, so we don’t need G+ and can knock out rides relatively quickly.

We originally thought about doing some TS restaurants, but now are leaning towards QS exclusively when dining in the parks, just to save time and our boys aren’t the best at eating their food. We will have a full kitchen at SSR, so we plan on bringing some meals into the parks.

I’m just wondering, do I try to work AK in or just tell the boys they have to wait a few months?

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

When our family takes a shorter trip, we often leave out one of the parks so that we can enjoy our time and not try to pack too much in. Usually, this means that we skip AK. I love Everest and FoP, but that's not enough 'park time' to make it worthwhile. I will say that if you haven't done Guardians, I would heartily encourage you to do that. Pretty incredible! It's hard to 'abandon' one of the parks, but in the end, we are always glad we used that time for AK more wisely. Have a great trip!!

Tend to agree ... on short visits ... overpacking the number of parks visited in a limited timeframe can kill what otherwise might be a great getaway by rushing around to make it all work.

Epcot in Feb will be doing Festival of the Arts which is a pretty cool festival with chalk art, a big paint by numbers, art booths. Guardians is top ride. It’s worth buying the lighting lane or trying for virtual queue ( don’t know how vq will work with park reservations going away for most tickets).

AK crowds drop off in afternoon, you could maybe start in AK on your arrival and then go over to MK which will be last park to close.

Just a reminder that by the time you go, you will be able to park hop before 2:00pm. Maybe you can go to AK early on 2/4 and head to MK by 11:00. Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter