Pick my resort

hicksnichols

Mouseketeer
I can’t decide where to stay for adult only, anniversary trip with the hubs September 2020. We’ve been to WDW eight times and have stayed at Pop, All Stars Movies (which was surprisingly my favorite), Port Orleans- Riverside, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, and Wilderness Lodge. We are considering staying at Animal Kingdom or the Riviera but I think I would like the Royal Guest Rooms at POR or maybe even Port Orleans-French Quarter. (Thought maybe I’d like POFQ if it was small like ASMo. I also wouldn’t mind the All Stars as long as I had a refurbished room. What would you choose?

Too hard to pick, but if pushed:

Animal Kingdom Lodge - really beautiful, fantastic service and lots to do / watch
or
POFQ - smaller, beautifully landscaped (so I've heard, we're staying there this year - adults tip)

We did our honeymoon last year at AKL - Savannah View. It was wonderful! The resort is beautiful and there is so much to do at the resort. Boma was a hit - I had read good reviews and it did not disappoint. Mara is very good for the QS location as well and I liked that the seating area inside was large AND it had some tables outside where you could eat. It's also close to the pool if you need a snack or drink.

Animal Kingdom Lodge, Club Level. My husband and I stayed there one night for our 25th and had a wonderful time. There are wonderful food options, it is lovely to walk around, and feels so special. Also, have you considered the Polynesian? We stayed there once, club level, and had a great, great time. Very romantic, easy to get anywhere (just walk over to the Epcot monorail, or hop on a boat to MK, or take the monorail). We found that club level was SO much better - we went first when we had two teens, and one morning ate a lovely breakfast in the lounge while our two slept in, then went for a walk - we walked over to the main building, and cut through the quick service - it was a WALL of noise - crying children, loud families, typical Disney morning, but we had just come from the club level breakfast, were feeling peaceful and quiet, and the contrast was amazing. For an anniversary, stay club level if you can.

If you're just going by yourselves, than treat yourself and go with a deluxe resort. I don't care what Pete says, the Grand Floridian was outstanding. We stayed their last November; had great service, the room is beautiful, the grounds were just gorgeous and having that easy Monorail access just added to the magic. Yacht and Beach Club would be a close second just because of the views and convenience of the proximity to the theme parks.

Too hard to pick, but if pushed:

Animal Kingdom Lodge - really beautiful, fantastic service and lots to do / watch
or
POFQ - smaller, beautifully landscaped (so I've heard, we're staying there this year - adults tip)
You just reminded me of the amazing sounds the bullfrogs make at night (at least in August!) Really beautiful grounds to walk through. We didn't like the French Quarter as much - we stopped there for breakfast, and found the huge hanging heads creepy. The food court over at POFQ was great, and it was fun to take the boat to Disney Springs, (thought it was more fun where there was dancing at "Downtown Disney"). I still vote for club level at AKL, as you will have views of the animals, there are very informative guides that give talks about the animals (if you go out from the Lobby to where the animal presentations are) - also there is a fun bar downstairs, but with club level, you will have what you need upstairs, overlooking the lobby.

And I thought I was the only one who thought those big heads were creepy! Other than that, I would love to stay at POFQ. But for an anniversary trip, I would go with my dream resort - AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter