• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pick Six: Quick Service

jlm0013

Earning My Ears
I thought about this while driving yesterday. It was also coincidental that Steve Porter's Pick Six was posted yesterday as well. However, I thought it was a cop out that he didn't state one for Hollywood Studios. So, here's what you do. You list your favorite, or what you think is the best quick service restaurant for each of the WDW parks, a WDW resort, and Disney Springs. Here are mine.

MK: Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons
HS: Fairfax Fare
AK: Satu'li Canteen
Resort: Riverside Mill at Port Orleans Riverside
DS: Earl of Sandwich

I'll play!

MK: Columbia Harbor House
EP: Tangeriene Cafe
HS: Fairfax Fare
AK: Satu'li
Resort: Pepper Market at Coronado
DS: Polite Pig

You probably need to add the caveat that BoG is *not* a QS restaurant, even for breakfast/lunch.

If it requires a reservation to eat there*, it's not a QS. In fact, the QS label people slap on BoG only means anything to those on the dining plan with regards to payment method. It means nothing to others. No reservation, no eat there.

*I'm sure two or three people will come along talking about how they walked up 4 years ago and were seated at BoG, but as a universally known rule with very few exceptions, you need an ADR.

MK: Pecos Bills
Epcot: Tangeriene Cafe
AK: Yak and Yeti
HS: Backlot Express
Resort: Mara at AKL
DS: Don't do DS so can't say.

MK: Cosmic Rays
Epcot: Sommerfest
AK: Yak and Yeti
HS: Pizza Planet/Rizzos
Resort: Geyser Point
DS: Haven't been since the overhaul

MK: Columbia harbor house
EP: les halles
AK: little stand that sells chicken tikka masala in Africa Forget the name
HS:pizza planet
Resort: captain cooks-Poly
DS: earl of sandwich

MK: Columbia harbor house
EP: les halles
AK: little stand that sells chicken tikka masala in Africa Forget the name
HS:pizza planet
Resort: captain cooks-Poly
DS: earl of sandwich

Do you mean Harambe Market in AK? Chicken tikka masala is not on the menu there, though.

Do you mean Harambe Market in AK? Chicken tikka masala is not on the menu there, though.
It was right across from the drums the kids can play. I think you’re right. It was a chicken curry. The other dish is my fave from yak and yeti. Anyway, it was awesome and inspired my hubby to recreate it. He found the menu online. :cloud9:

MK: Cosmic Ray’s
EP: Tangierine Cafe
AK: Satuli Canteen
DS: ABC Commissary
Resort: Cabana Beach Bar Dolphin (It’s where I’m staying.)
DS: I haven’t been there since 2009.

Last edited:
MK: Casey's Corner
EP: Les Halles
AK: Flame Tree BBQ
HS: Backlot Express
Resort: Contempo Cafe
DS: Wolfgang Puck Express

MK: Columbia Harbour House (used to be Friars Nook, but RIP pot roast Mac and cheese)
EP: Tangierine Cafe
HS: haven’t had QS there in awhile (RIP Starring Rolls)
AK: Flame Tree (haven’t tried Satuli Canteen yet - will next week!!)
DS: Earl of sandwich
Resort: Captain Cooks

MK: Pecos Bill's
EP: festival kiosks
HS: not open for business yet, but based on the menu I'll say Woody's Lunch Box
Resort: Contempo Cafe at The Contemporary

MK: CHH OR Sleepy Hollow (love the SH hand dipped corn dogs!)
Ep: F&W festival Kiosks (sorry, none of the QS really wow me here, except maybe the bakery in France).
AK: Satuli Canteen (my fave in all of disney right now)
HS: ZERO!
Resort: Nothing stands out but i guess i'll say AoA (i havent tried the QS at the delux resorts).

Last edited:
You probably need to add the caveat that BoG is *not* a QS restaurant, even for breakfast/lunch.

If it requires a reservation to eat there*, it's not a QS. In fact, the QS label people slap on BoG only means anything to those on the dining plan with regards to payment method. It means nothing to others. No reservation, no eat there.

*I'm sure two or three people will come along talking about how they walked up 4 years ago and were seated at BoG, but as a universally known rule with very few exceptions, you need an ADR.

Bog is still considered a quick service restaurant for breakfast/lunch even though you need an ADR.

Bog is still considered a quick service restaurant for breakfast/lunch even though you need an ADR.

I stand by my original post.

If you need an ADR to eat there, it isn't QS. Like I said, the QS designation only means anything to those folks on the dining plan using that as a payment method.

It's really more like a reverse buffet, where they bring your food, but you have to get your own drinks.

A true QS restaurant is one that ANYONE can eat at. No reservations taken or needed. You walk up, you stand in line, you get your food, and you eat. BoG breakfast and lunch does not fit that definition. If not for the dining plan payment method, NO ONE would consider it a QS restaurant.

Here are mine.....

MK: CHH
EP: Les Halles
HS: Not a QS but I like the lounge at HBD(no ADR needed).
DS: Cookes of Dublin
Resort: The Mara at AKL

I stand by my original post.

If you need an ADR to eat there, it isn't QS. Like I said, the QS designation only means anything to those folks on the dining plan using that as a payment method.

It's really more like a reverse buffet, where they bring your food, but you have to get your own drinks.

A true QS restaurant is one that ANYONE can eat at. No reservations taken or needed. You walk up, you stand in line, you get your food, and you eat. BoG breakfast and lunch does not fit that definition. If not for the dining plan payment method, NO ONE would consider it a QS restaurant.

The OP asked to pick six favourite quick service restaurants and since Disney has designated BOG to be a quick service restaurant at breakfast and lunch, I think it's fair game. You have your own definition of what a QS restaurant is and that's fine. I just don't see the need to tell people that it's not quick service because it requires a reservation. Why not let people decide for themselves? To me, it's a quick service.

Here are mine....

MK - BOG (lunch)
Epcot - this is tricky, but I'll go with Les Halles
AK - Satuli Canteen
HS - Backlot Express
DS - Blaze
Resort - Landscapes of Flavour (AofA)

MK: Columbia Harbor House
EP: split meal here/ La Cantina de San Angel for the nachos (they are huge and shareable) and Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe for dessert
HS: ABC Commissary
AK: Flame Tree BBQ
DS: Earl of Sandwich
Resort: AOA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter