** Picture of the Day 3 **

Here's a couple from flying into Tampa - same bridge, different perspective -- Which do you like better?

Approach%20to%20Tampa-XL.jpg

Approach%20to%20Tampa%202-XL.jpg

Around We Go!
January 4, 2018

Lots of changes over the past few years for Disneyland (and from what I've heard a few biggies coming, and no I don't mean Star Wars) and now it's Disney California Adventure's turn. Paradise Pier being re-themed to a Pixar tie-in.

I'll admit, when the changes to Disneyland's Frontierland and Adventureland were announced I was saddened by what we were about to lose. But as it turned out Disney did it right, at least for me. The "River" is better than ever, the Railroad is fantastic and now we only have to wait to see what Star Wars Land will become. So while I've gown accustomed to Paradise Pier I'll hold judgement for what will be before I decide.

27842086689_fdc2c8c7c6_b.jpg

Next project :sad1:..."undressing" the Christmas tree ...

i-62zRjcw-XL.jpg
:tink:

I still have a couple boxes to put away but got waylaid by the flu on Monday. First time ever for me and yes, I got that darn 'ineffective flu shot' in September. The flu knocked me the stuffing of out me. Today is the first day I felt well enough to eat and not nap most of the day though I reserve the right to do so later today :rolleyes1.

I still have a couple boxes to put away but got waylaid by the flu on Monday. First time ever for me and yes, I got that darn 'ineffective flu shot' in September. The flu knocked me the stuffing of out me. Today is the first day I felt well enough to eat and not nap most of the day though I reserve the right to do so later today :rolleyes1.

:hug: I'm so sorry! We're "holding out" on the flu so far but have had a couple of days effected by some "24 hour thing". It's rough this year; we got the flu shot too and holding our breaths that it works. Our ER's are swamped down here in Texas. It's been years for me also since I've had it but I remember it as a "bad dream"! :rotfl: I didn't feel as bad as I did 1 1/2 years ago when I got a trip on the air ambulance to a larger hospital for a health issue! :eek: Slowly taking care of the "undecorating"; the massive outdoor chore is almost done except for the 2 large trees but experiencing REALLY hard winds today and temps dropping so the lights will STAY in the trees a few more days. :goodvibes My biggest chore is taking down and storing the Original Snow Village...MIGHT finish that in February! :faint: Take that nap this afternoon! :tink:

:hug: I'm so sorry! We're "holding out" on the flu so far but have had a couple of days effected by some "24 hour thing". It's rough this year; we got the flu shot too and holding our breaths that it works. Our ER's are swamped down here in Texas. It's been years for me also since I've had it but I remember it as a "bad dream"! :rotfl: I didn't feel as bad as I did 1 1/2 years ago when I got a trip on the air ambulance to a larger hospital for a health issue! :eek: Slowly taking care of the "undecorating"; the massive outdoor chore is almost done except for the 2 large trees but experiencing REALLY hard winds today and temps dropping so the lights will STAY in the trees a few more days. :goodvibes My biggest chore is taking down and storing the Original Snow Village...MIGHT finish that in February! :faint: Take that nap this afternoon! :tink:

Thanks Karolyn! I decided not to nap fearing trouble sleeping tonight if I did! They are definitely saying the same thing here too about scary flu numbers. I'm pretty sure I picked it up at the home remodeling show we went to last Saturday. It's my very first flu ever and DH/DS really want me to see my doctor but I'm waiting to see I get any complications.

I'm impressed that you almost have the outdoors decorations done; amazing considering the amount! Good luck with the winds!

Thanks Karolyn! I decided not to nap fearing trouble sleeping tonight if I did! They are definitely saying the same thing here too about scary flu numbers. I'm pretty sure I picked it up at the home remodeling show we went to last Saturday. It's my very first flu ever and DH/DS really want me to see my doctor but I'm waiting to see I get any complications.

I'm impressed that you almost have the outdoors decorations done; amazing considering the amount! Good luck with the winds!

Family members and friends keep me "up to date" (DD works in a church pre-school and between students/teachers/parents deals with "bugs" :rotfl: a lot) so I can tell you it may be 2-3 weeks before you fell "100%". :( If you see a doctor within 24-48 hours of symptoms, they can give you a medication that shortens the "down time"; if not, you pretty much "tough it out" for 14-21 days. I saw recently in a post on Facebook from a high school friend that a product I've never heard of (available at Walgreens) served the same purpose and was a LOT cheaper. I certainly don't want to take the place of your physician but will PM you the name of the product and you can decide. You definitely need to take care of yourself...that "stuff" is serious! :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter