Pictures from my recent stay at the Disney Theme House!!

firefly87

Mouseketeer
Ok, so I finally caved in and made a Photobucket account and learned how to post pictures. I thought I'd share pictures of the Disney House we stayed in a week ago.

IMG_1331.jpg

This is the side of the house.......very non-descript and you'd never know what was inside!!!!

IMG_1201.jpg

This is the family room aka The Candy Factory

IMG_1202.jpg

Another view of the Candy Factory, looking toward the toy room (aka Matterhorn Room) and dining area.

IMG_1198.jpg

This is the toy room (Matterhorn Room). It had tons of toys and art supplies. The kids had a ball in here!!

IMG_1204.jpg

This is half of the dining table. The other half goes through the rabbit hole and is in the toy room. (not totally functional for a family, you wouldn't want it to be your everyday table, but it was cool for a vacation!) The teacups on the end of the table were part of a fountain. The water appeared to come out of the pink watering can that hung from the ceiling.

IMG_1250.jpg

Another view of the table. See the heads peeking through the other side!

IMG_1203.jpg

The candy wall

IMG_1186.jpg

The Master Bedroom.....notice I took the picture before we brought all our crap in there! :-)

IMG_1187.jpg

Another view of the Master Bedroom with the toddler bed

IMG_1185.jpg

The 2nd Master Bedroom, Pooh themed

IMG_1183.jpg

The boys room......a battle was getting ready to take place as to who would sleep in the top bunk! Big brother won!

IMG_1195.jpg

Another view of the boys room

IMG_1196.jpg

View of the boys closet. In both kids rooms, the closets were packed full of Disney costumes. The sign that hung there said that the kids were welcome to wear the costumes into the park as long as we washed them before hanging back up. How cool is that!!!

IMG_1197.jpg

Artwork in the boys room. You can see part of the adjoining bathroom to the left.

IMG_1190.jpg

The girls room

IMG_1191.jpg

Another view of girls room. The closed door goes to the adjoining bathroom.

IMG_1189.jpg

The girls closet with the Disney costumes

IMG_1192.jpg

The adjoining bathroom

IMG_1188.jpg

The main bathroom

IMG_1329.jpg

The backyard

IMG_1206.jpg

Watching the DL fireworks in the backyard the night we got there

This house was sooo cool and made our DL experience that much more magical. Thank you to the OP who put the pictures of this house up a while back. That is how we checked into staying there. :banana:

That house is awesome!!! I love the table and how fun to have the dressups to wear to the park! Glad your family had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Wow, thanks for posting- I went over to see your trip report to find out more. Glad you had fun there!

I forgot to post one more pic.........this one is of my son and he has one of those glow necklaces on his head. You can't tell in the picture because of the flash, but when I went in their room, it was dark and all you could see was this thing glowing on his face! :lmao:
IMG_1328.jpg

Wow, that looks so fun! Thanks for sharing your pics with us!

Oh how fun!!!! Now, tell me where you found that house? Please!!! Because this might just be perfect when my sister and her family comes to DL with us!! :)

Wow, that does look neat. Care to share with us how much it cost per night? And how far away is it from the parks?

That looks so fun! What a great idea about the costumes :thumbsup2
That would make any childs trip more special to get to choose from all that!
:lovestruc

Oh how fun!!!! Now, tell me where you found that house? Please!!! Because this might just be perfect when my sister and her family comes to DL with us!! :)

Someone on the boards posted a link to the house. Here is the website:
http://www.disneythemehome.com

This house would be PERFECT for 2 families to share. And it was so nice to stay here and not have the kids cooped up in a hotel room. In fact, we probably didn't spend as much time in the parks as we planned because part of the magic was enjoying the house.

The house is rented for $550 / night......which sounds steep. But we were going to rent 3 hotel rooms and to rent this house, it was only about $300 more.....plus we got the benefit of a full kitchen and a washer & dryer. We ended up eating dinner there every night (excpet my b-day) and were pleased about the amount of money we saved just doing that alone.

The owners of the house are WONDERFUL!!!!!! So nice and so accomodating. They had a bag of b-day goodies for me and Disney shirts for each of the kids waiting for us. They are the nicest people ever!!!

The walk into the parks took anywhere from 20-30 mins, which was kind of a drag. The house is located on the other side of the DLH.....nearest major intersection was Walnut & Cerritos. We only did the walk twice and then we drove the other days. I wouldn't say that driving is faster because of the time it takes to park, walk to the tram, wait for the tram, unload, etc. But at least it saved our feet.

All in all, it was a great trip and VERY fun to stay at this place!!!! I would recommend it to anyone!!

That is awesome!!! Thanks for the link. :) We have Premium APs so we drive to the parks most days anyway. :)

In both kids rooms, the closets were packed full of Disney costumes. The sign that hung there said that the kids were welcome to wear the costumes into the park as long as we washed them before hanging back up. How cool is that!!!

Extremely cool!!!!!

I wouldn't say that driving is faster because of the time it takes to park, walk to the tram, wait for the tram, unload, etc. But at least it saved our feet.

That's a good way to put it.

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like fun!

Looks like fun. One concern though for me is that I don't see a fence around the pool?

Also, do you have access to the candy or is it just for decoration?

I'm so glad you had a great time staying there & the pics are wonderful! It's so good to hear that the owners are nice ppl. Imagine if they were grumpy, strict ppl. That would totally ruin the magic. My biggest problem would be that I would spend too much time in the parks & not get to fully use the house. You definately got your money's worth! :thumbsup2

Wow...what a super cool house! If I rented it, I would definitely have trouble leaving for the parks. Loved the boys room and the costumes idea is super cute. Would be awesome for Halloween :thumbsup2

I fell in love with these pictures, I didn't even know this place was here, I will for sure make a place to stay at some point, even if its only by myself, well I am sure I will have a pet of some sort, but this just looks amazing. I think I will feel just like a little kid, how amazing!!!! Thank you so much for sharing.:goodvibes

You guys are so awesome to post these photos!
From now on, anyone who contacts us and mentions the DIS boards is going to receive a special offer on their 4 night stay!
I love Disney (obviously) and every time we stayed at the Disneyland hotel I would say to my husband. "If I ran this place - this is what I would do... 1500 TC sheets on super comfy beds, gifts left out for the kids' arrival, Disney movies in every room, gratis costumes, every room would have a wall of candy just like Main Street's candy shop, Disney toys available for the kids to play, etc..." And now - we can do it! We hope you all get a chance to stay with us - it's awesome!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter