Pictures of My Blooming Corn Plant!

Seahunt

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the community board, but thought gardeners would like to see this also:

When I stepped out the front door this evening I about fell over from the wonderful aroma of lilacs - but we have no lilacs here! :confused3

Then I thought it was coming from my lemon trees, but then I noticed my corn plant (one just like a lot of people have inside -this was just a little Walmart plant special that my DH liked so we tried it outside) had bloomed and OMG! I had never seen or heard of them doing that so I was really surprised - and it smells soooo good. Another reason to live in FL!

I'll post this on the gardening site too, but I thought any plant lovers here would enjoy seeing this (unless it's very common after all!) :rotfl:

CornPlant3.jpg

CornPlant1.jpg

CornPlant2.jpg

Very pretty, and I'm imagining the sweet fragrance too!

Bobbi:goodvibes

That is so cool! I would love to be able to smell flowers right about now. It's freezing here.

Oh UGH - today there is no lovely smell like lilacs - today it's more like rotten fish! :scared1:

When it smelled soooo wonderful I wondered why the bees weren't attacking it, but today when it smells so bad there are lots of bugs on the blooms - guess Mother Nature knows what smells great to a bug much better than I do! :rotfl:

:dance3:

Wow, from the smell of lilacs to the smell of carrion! What a wonder, huh? Now I guess you know why it's not so popular! It is really pretty, though, and I STILL envy you for the warm weather, and ability to grow such exotic plants.

Really pretty! Never saw a corn plant in bloom, thanks much for the pic!

It is mud season here & a 10" snow fall, followed by flooding this week really mucked up our poor crocus!

Sorry about the smel changel--so odd--talk about taking the bad with the good! :rolleyes:

Jean

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter